面试英语口语脱口而出 第29期:申请英语翻译
时间:2014-08-27 08:25:13
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
1. What kind of quality should an interpreter have?
口译员应该具备怎样的素质?
2. I am calling to inquire the position of English interpreter.
我想询问一下英语口译职位的情况。
我的专业是英语翻译与口译。
4. How long have you been in this field?
你在口译这一行做多久了?
5. He should be well-equipped with English language and culture, modest, experienced and have good manners.
应该对英语语言和文化都很熟悉,为人谦虚,经验丰富,很有修养。
达到这一目标需要时间和毅力。
7. Therefore,an interpreter has to know some
expertise3 in the field he/she serves as an interpreter.
因此口译员必须懂得他/她所服务的领域的专业知识。
8. I once served as an interpreter for a
delegation4 from South Africa.
我曾为一个南非代表团做口译。
9. I am an English major, and it is the best job which can demonstrate my ability and realize my potential.
我是个英语专业的学生,口译最能体现我的能力并发挥我的潜力。
10. I have been an interpreter since I graduated from university in 2000.
我从2000年大学毕业就开始做口译了。
Dialogue 1
对话 1
A: Hello, this is Garry Zhao. I am calling to inquire the position of English interpreter.
A:你好,我是赵加里。我想询间一下英语口译职位的情况。
B: Well, it is still open. Where did you graduate from.
B:嗯,现在还在招聘。你是哪个学校毕业的?
A: I graduated from the Beijing Foreign Studies University. My major is English Translation and Interpretation.
A: 我是北京外国语大学毕业的,专业是英语翻译与口译。
B: It sounds great. I will arrange an interview tomorrow. Can you come tomorrow?
B:听上去不错。我明天给你一个面试机会,你能来吗?
A: Yes, I can. Thank you so much.
A:好的,我可以。非常感谢,
Dialogue 2
对话 2
A: What characteristics should an interpreter own?
A: 口译员应该具备条怎样的素质?
B: I think he should be an expert of everything.
B: 应该是个杂家,什么都懂。
A: Why is that?
A:为什么?
B: Because English is nothing but a tool which is used when people may negotiate in international conferences, probe into physics, release some information in a press conferrence ,and do anything we can do with language. Therefore, an interpreter has to know some expertise in the field he/she serves as an interpreter. Otherwise he/she can not carry out his/her work
smoothly5.
B:因为英语只是一个交流的工具, 人们用它在国际会议上谈判、 研究物理、在记者招待会上发布消息,做一切语言可以做的事情。因此口译员必须懂得他/ 她所服务的领域的专业知识,否则无法顺利开展工作。
分享到: