如何成为福尔摩斯 第2期
时间:2015-10-10 02:25:52
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
The two men on the train were Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, already wellknown for their work on Doctor Who.
在火车上的两人就是史蒂芬·莫法特和马克·加提斯,他们因为《神秘博士》而家喻户晓。
I said, Isn't it
odd1 that in the original story. A Study in
Scarlet2, Dr Watson is
invalided3 home from military service in Afghanistan?
我说这是不是巧合。《血字的研究》中,华生医生因病退伍从阿富汗回来。
And it's the same war as we were then fighting.
这是我们之后参加的同样的战争。
And we just a kind of lightbulb moment where it was like, well, we should do that again.
当时真是灵光一现,我们又要创造奇迹了。
And in 2010, Sherlock hit our screens.
在2010年,夏洛克被搬上荧屏。
It reinvigorated this iconic character for a whole new audience.
它让现代观众重新为这一标志性的角色疯狂。
It's interesting, when you ask people about who their favourite Sherlock Holmes is, because I have this theory that your favourite Sherlock Holmes is the one that you grew up with.
问人们谁是他们最喜爱的夏洛克·福尔摩斯时,结果很有趣。因为我认为最爱的夏洛克·福尔摩斯是陪你一起成长的那位。
People of a certain age will always answer Rathbone as their favourite, just as they did Jeremy Brett with those who were growing up in the '80s.
某个时代的人最喜欢拉斯伯恩,同样的对于八零后,杰里米·布雷特是他们的最爱。
And I suspect young people, when you ask them, their answer's going to be Benedict Cumberbatch.
我猜你问现代年轻人同样的问题时,他们肯定说本尼迪克特·康伯巴奇。
This modern retelling set out to keep the spirit of the original stories, yet completely transformed them for the digital age.
这个现代改编致力于保持原有故事的理念,却又完整的把它们搬到了数字时代。
What are you typing?Blog.
你在写什么?博客。
About?Us.
关于什么?我们。
You mean me.Why
你是指我。为什么?
Well, you're typing a lot.
因为你打的内容很多。
We live in a world of microblogging, which is a fantastic and perfect
parallel4 for the idea of Dr Watson serialising his adventures.
我们生活在一个微博遍地的时代,刚好给华生医生连载他的探险经历。
We've started sending telegrams again in the form of texts.
我们也发电报,不过是以短信形式。
We were able to draw
immediate5 and exact
parallels6 between the original stories and the idea of updating it.
我们可以轻松将原著内容完美移植到现代。
John. Rhododendron ponticum. Matches.
约翰,彭土杜鹃,符合要求。
分享到: