如何成为福尔摩斯 第21期
时间:2015-10-10 02:46:24
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
So they enlisted1 the best brain in England to help them.
所以他们招募了英国最聪明的人来帮忙。
You, my dear brother, have been working for the Wilhelmstrasse.
你,我亲爱的弟弟,在为威尔海姆斯特拉工作。
"Am I going too fast for the best brain in England?"
"英国最聪明的人是不是听不懂了呢?"
So there's very definitely a very competitive
streak2 between the two of them.
很明显,这两人之间有强烈的竞争气息。
The woman who was brought to your house in the middle of the night,
apparently3 fished out of the Thames, and apparently suffering from
amnesia4, is in fact Ilse von Hoffmanstal, one of their most
skilful5 agents.
那个半夜被带到你家,像是刚从泰晤士河里捞出来还失忆了的女人,其实是伊尔斯·范·霍夫曼斯特,是他们最优秀的特工之一。
Am I going too fast for the best brain in England?
英国最聪明的人是不是听不懂了呢?
And Mycroft is very
sarcastic6, saying, "Now, this time, I'm the one who knows what's going on, not you."
麦考夫很讽刺他说:"这次旁观者清的是我,不是你。"
They planted her on you quite
neatly7, I must admit, so that you could lead them to their objective, the air pump. Very much like using a
hog8 to find truffles.
我得承认,他们成功地把她安插到你身边,你就能带他们找到目标,气泵。就像用猪来寻找松露一样。
And now perhaps you'd care to join me.
现在你或许可以和我一起。
I'm expecting a certain royal personage from Balmoral.
我正要接待一位从巴尔莫勒来的皇室要人。
Christopher Lee plays it so brilliantly, I think. And it's a very
touching9 performance because although he's sort of disdainful and kowtowing to
royalty10 and everything, it's clear that he does care somewhere deep down in his icy heart.
我认为克里斯托弗·李演得非常出色,触动人心。尽管他有些恃才傲物,趋炎附势,但是在他冷漠的内心深处还是有爱的。
I think he just wants everything to be ordered. He just wants order.
我认为他只是想让大家安分守己,他只想要秩序。
I think really, genuinely, in our increasingly fragmented world, the reason that
conspiracy11 theories are so popular is because we all like to believe there is someone like Mycroft Holmes, because it's quite
reassuring12 to think, even if they're a dark presence, there is some kind of order. There is none.
我真的认为,在这个支离破碎的社会,阴谋论之所以能流行就是我们都愿意相信有麦考夫·福尔摩斯这样的人。因为这个想法很抚慰人心,即使混沌降临,也有规则秩序。事实却并非如此。
The early 1970s were awash with conspiracy theories.
20世纪70年代初,阴谋论泛滥。
This was bizarrely reflected in the letters sent by fans to 221B
Baker13 Street, most of them asking for Holmes to solve a current crisis, like the Watergate scandal, or a plane
hijacking14, or even rescue Patty Hearst!
这一现象很诡异的体现在影迷寄往贝克街221B的信中,他们请求福尔摩斯解决当下危机,如水门事件或者一次劫机,甚至拯救帕蒂·赫斯特。
分享到: