扎拉图斯特拉如是说 第2期:序言(2)
时间:2015-10-12 08:41:39
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Zarathustra went down the mountain alone, no one meeting him. When he entered the forest, however, there suddenly stood before him an old man, who had left his holy cot to seek roots.
苏鲁支独自走下山岗,没有遇见何人。但他走人树林中时,忽然看见一位老者,站在面前,正是离开了奉神的敝庐,在林中采药。
And thus
spoke1 the old man to Zarathustra:
老者如是向苏鲁支说:
"No stranger to me is this wanderer: many years ago passed he by.
“这位行客于我不像生疏,若干年前他从这里走过。
Zarathustra he was called; but he has altered.
他名叫苏鲁支;但他已经改变。
Then you carried your ashes into the mountains:
当时入山带来了你的残灰,
will you now carry your fire into the valleys?
现在却要将火携往谷中去么?
Fear you not the incendiary's
doom2?
不怕放火者的刑罚么?
扎拉图斯特拉如是说
Yea, I recognize Zarathustra.
是呀,我认识苏鲁支。。
他的眼色清明,嘴里不潜藏机非,
Goes he not along like a dancer?
他不是像跳舞者一样行走么
Altered is Zarathustra;
苏鲁支改变了,
a child has Zarathustra become;
苏鲁支已变为小孩,
苏鲁支是觉者了,你将何所求于睡者呢?
As in the sea have you lived in
solitude7, and it has borne you up.
你居于寂寞中好像在海洋里,大海将你负载。
苦呵,你将到陆地上去?
Alas, will you again drag your body yourself?
苦呵,你将你的躯体重新自己拖曳,”
"Zarathustra answered: "I love mankind."
苏鲁支回答说:“我爱人们。”
"Why," said the saint, "did I go into the forest and the desert?
“缘何”,圣者说,“我曾来到深林和荒漠之地?
Was it not because I loved men far too well?
岂不是,因为我太爱人类了吗?
Now I love God: men, I do not love.
现在我爱上帝,人类非我所计。
Man is a thing too imperfect for me.
我以为人是一个太不完满底物品。
Love to man would be fatal to me.
对人类的爱可以使我死去。”
"Zarathustra answered: "What spoke I of love! I am bringing gifts to men. "
苏鲁支回答说:“我说什么爱!我将给人们一种赠品。”
"Give them nothing," said the saint.
“不必给渠们什么”,圣者说,
"Take rather part of their load, and carry it along with them-- that will be most agreeable to them: if only it be agreeable to you!
“最好从渠们取去一些,大家便这底下去——这将于渠们最好:只要于你合适!
If, however, you will give to them, give them no more than an alms, and let them also beg for it! "
纵使你将有所给与,给与一点小布施便了,而且要该渠们求乞之!”
"No," replied Zarathustra, "I give no alms. I am not poor enough for that. "
“不行”,苏鲁支回答说:“我不给予布施。那样我还不够穷伧。”
分享到: