动物农场Animal Farm 第7章(6)
时间:2015-11-26 07:01:52
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"I do not believe that," he said.
"我不信,"他说道。
"Snowball fought bravely at the Battle of the Cowshed. I saw him myself.
"斯诺鲍在牛棚大战中作战勇敢,这是我亲眼看到的。
Did we not give him 'Animal Hero, first Class,' immediately afterwards?"
战斗一结束,我们不是就立刻授予他'一级动物英雄'勋章了吗?"
"That was our mistake, comrade.
"那是我们的失误,同志们。
For we know now--it is all written down in the secret documents that we have found--
因为我们现在才知道,他实际上是想诱使我们走向灭亡。
that in reality he was trying to
lure1 us to our
doom2."
在我们已经发现的秘密文件中,这一点写得清清楚楚。"
"But he was wounded," said
Boxer3. "We all saw him running with blood."
"但是他负伤了,"鲍克瑟说,"我们都看见他在流着血冲锋。"
"That was part of the arrangement!" cried
Squealer4.
"那也是预谋中的一部分!"斯奎拉叫道。
"Jones's shot only grazed him.I could show you this in his own writing, if you were able to read it.
"琼斯的子弹只不过擦了一下他的皮而已。要是你能识字的话,我会把他自己写的文件拿给你看的。
The plot was for Snowball, at the critical moment, to give the signal for flight and leave the field to the enemy,
他们的阴谋,就是在关键时刻发出一个信号,让斯诺鲍逃跑并把庄园留给敌人。
and he very nearly succeeded--I will even say, comrades, he WOULD have succeeded if it had not been for our heroic Leader, Comrade Napoleon.
他差不多就要成功了,我甚至敢说,要是没有我们英勇的领袖拿破仑同志,他早就得逞了。
Do you not remember how, just at the moment when Jones and his men had got inside the yard,
难道你们不记得了,就在琼斯一伙冲进院子的时候,
Snowball suddenly turned and fled, and many animals followed him?
斯诺鲍突然转身就逃,于是很多动物都跟着他跑了吗?
And do you not remember, too, that it was just at that moment, when panic was spreading and all seemed lost,
还有,就在那一会儿,都乱套了,几乎都要完了,
that Comrade Napoleon sprang forward with a cry of 'Death to Humanity!' and sank his teeth in Jones's leg?
拿破仑同志突然冲上前去,大喊:'消灭人类!'同时咬住了琼斯的腿,这一点难道你们不记得了吗?
Surely you remember THAT, comrades?" exclaimed Squealer, frisking from side to side.
你们肯定记得这些吧?"斯奎拉一边左右蹦跳,一边大声叫着。
Now when Squealer described the scene so
graphically5, it seemed to the animals that they did remember it.
既然斯奎拉把那一场景描述得如此形象生动,动物们便似乎觉得,他们果真记得有这么回事。
At any rate, they remembered that at the critical moment of the battle Snowball had turned to flee.
不管怎么说,他们记得在激战的关键时刻,斯诺鲍曾经掉头逃过。
But Boxer was still a little uneasy.
但是鲍克瑟还有一些感到不自在。
"I do not believe that Snowball was a
traitor6 at the beginning," he said finally.
他终于说道:"我不相信斯诺鲍一开始就是一个叛徒。
"What he has done since is different.
他后来的所作所为是另一回事。
But I believe that at the Battle of the Cowshed he was a good comrade."
但我认为在牛棚大战中,他是一个好同志。"
"Our Leader, Comrade Napoleon," announced Squealer, speaking very slowly and firmly, "has stated categorically--
"我们的领袖,拿破仑同志,"斯奎拉以缓慢而坚定的语气宣告,"已经明确地--明确了,
categorically, comrade--that Snowball was Jones's agent from the very beginning--
同志们--声明斯诺鲍一开始就是琼斯的奸细,
yes, and from long before the Rebellion was ever thought of."
是的,远在想着起义前就是的。"
分享到: