口腔临床英语对话 第7期:牙科手术(2)
时间:2015-12-30 02:17:24
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
What is the chance of the pulp1 dying,Doctor?
医生,牙髓坏死是常见的死吗?
You can't be absolutely sure in these cases,but I'm very confident (sure) that everything will be OK.
你的情况不一定是牙髓坏死, 我有信心一切会弄好的。
When the pulp of a tooth dies as a result of a deep cavity, the tooth will become infected.
当蛀牙的洞太深,使得牙髓坏死, 牙齿就会受到感染。
What happens when a tooth is infected?
牙齿受到感染将会怎样?
A toothache or
swelling2 will eventually develop in a tooth that's infected.
牙齿受感染的结果会引起压痛和牙龈发肿。
A tooth might become infected many weeks or months after the decay has been removed.
蛀掉的地方磨掉之后过了几个星期或过了几各月还是会感染的。
Would there be any pain?
会不会疼呢?
There might not be any pain if the infection is mild or if it finds a way to drain (if a fistula develops).
假如感染轻微的话, 或者找到引流的通道的话, 就不会疼。
If the infection doesn't put pressure on a nerve there won't be any pain.
假如感染不压迫神经的话就不会感到痛。
Sometimes my tooth is sensitive to cold.
我的牙齿有时对冷有反映。
I'll put a
lining3 under the
amalgam4 to insulate the tooth against sensitivity to cold.
那么, 我在银汞下面垫上东西,使得牙齿决不会对冷有反应。
As you know, large fillings are sometimes sensitive to cold because metal is a good conductor of temperature changes.
你是知道的, 填补进去的东西要是很大的话,那么,有时对冷是有反映的,因为金属是良导体,对于温度的变化是敏感的。
The tooth may be sensitive to hot and cold foods for a while in spite of the
insulation5.
尽管有了绝缘物, 吃冷热的东西时可能在短暂时间内会有反应的。
Don't worry; the sensitivity will disappear in a week or two.
不用担心,在一,两周内这种反应是会消失的。 把你的牙齿轻轻地要紧。
Close your teeth gently. Does the filling feel high?
补的东西感到高不高?
It feels fine.
感到合适。
Now tap your teeth together and slide your
jaw6 from side to side.
现在把你的牙齿轻轻地咬在一起, 然后把颌往两侧移动。
Good. That's it. The filling is finished.
好。 就是这样, 补好了。
Thank you, Doctor.
谢谢你,医生。
Don't chew on that side of your mouth for at least 8 hours. That will give the filling a chance to harden.
至少在八个小时内不要用你嘴巴的这一边咬东西, 这样补上的东西就会有时间变的结实。
I'll polish it during your next appointment.
在下一次预约治疗时我再给你的牙齿磨一磨。
As I said before, there's a small chance that the pulp will die because of deep decay.
就像我先前所说, 因为蛀牙洞深了, 牙髓还是有坏死的可能。
If you get a toothache in that tooth we can still save it by doing a root canal treatment.
假如你这颗还痛的话, 我们还是可以进行根管治疗把它保住。
Don't worry. I don't think that you'll have any trouble.
不用担心, 我认为你不会有什么麻烦摸的。
分享到: