精灵鼠小弟 第23期:寻找最好的帆船
时间:2016-01-12 06:23:25
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"Excuse me, sir," said Stuart to the man who was turning her, "but are you the owner of the schooner1 Wasp2?"
“请原谅,先生,”斯图亚特对船边的一个男人说,“你是这纵帆船的船主吗?”
"I am," replied the man, surprised to be addressed by a mouse in a sailor suit.
“是的,”这个男人回答着,惊奇地看着这个穿水手服的老鼠。
"I'm looking for a
berth3 in a good ship," continued Stuart," and I thought perhaps you might sign me on.
“我正在找一艘最好的帆船,”斯图亚特继续说,“我想你可能会与我签约。”
I'm strong and I'm quick.
我既强壮又机敏。
"Are you sober?" asked the owner of the Wasp.
“你没喝多吧?”黄蜂号的船主问。
"I do my work," said Stuart, crisply.
“我完全能能胜任这工作。”斯图亚特爽快地回答。
The man looked sharply at him.
这个男人挑剔地看了看他。
He couldn't help admiring the trim appearance and bold manner of this
diminutive4 seafaring character.
但不久就被这个小水手漂亮的水手服和航海家般的勇敢气质所打动了。
"Well," he said at length, pointing the
prow5 of the Wasp out toward the center of the pond, "I'll tell you what I'll do with you.
“好吧,”他终于说着,指指池塘中心方向的一艘船,“我要告诉你我要你做什么。
你看到那边的大赛船了吗?
"I do," said Stuart.
“看见了,”斯图亚特说。
"That's the Lillian B.Womrath," said the man, "and I hate her with all my heart."
“那是莉莲B.沃拉尔号”,那男人说,“我从心底里恨她。”
"Then so do I," cried Stuart, loyally.
“那么我也恨她,”斯图亚特忠诚地叫道。
"I hate her because she is always bumping into my boat," continued the man,
“我恨她是因为她总是撞上我的船,”那个男人继续说,
and because her owner is a lazy boy who doesn't understand sailing and who hardly knows a squall from a squid.
因为她的船主是一个不懂航海的懒孩子,他几乎都不知道乌贼与乌云的分别。
"Or a jib from a jibe," cried Stuart.
“或者改舷与三角帆的分别,”斯图亚特叫。
“或者纵帆的外边和里边的分别。”那个男人吼。
"Or a deck from a dock," screamed Stuart.
“或者码头与甲板的分别。”斯图亚特尖叫。
"Or a mast from a mist," yelled the man.
“或者雾与桅杆的分别,”那男人叫。
But hold on, now, no more of this!
好了,够了,别再说了!
I'll tell you what we'll do.
我要告诉你我要你做什么。
分享到: