精灵鼠小弟 第39期:拯救鼠小弟的玛戈
时间:2016-02-23 02:41:11
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"I've never been so glad to see anybody in all my life," said Stuart.
“在我的一生里,看到什么人时还从没这么高兴过呢,”斯图亚特说。
But how are you going to help me?
可你怎么才能救我呢?
"I think thatif you'll hang onto my feet," said Margalo, "I can fly
ashore1 with you. "“我想如果你挂在我的脚上,”玛戈说,“我也能和你一起往岸上飞。”
It's worth trying anyway.
不管怎么说这办法值得一试。
How much do you weigh?
你有多重?
"Three ounces and a half," said Stuart.
“三盎司半,”斯图亚特说。
"With your clothes on?" asked Margalo.
“连你的衣服也都算上?”玛戈问
"Certainly," replied Stuart, modestly.
“当然,”斯图亚特谦虚地回答。
Then I believe I can carry you all right.
那么我相信我完全能带动你。
"Suppose I get dizzy," said Stuart.
“不过我似乎有些怕晕,”斯图亚特说。
"Don't look down," replied Margalo.
“别往下看,”玛戈回答。
Then you won't get dizzy.
那样你就不会头晕了。
Suppose I get sick at my stomach.
我猜我的胃也有了毛病。
"You'll just have to be sick," the bird replied.
“不要想你的病,”小鸟回答,
Anything is better than death.
什么都比死亡要好。
"Yes, that's true," Stuart agreed.
“是的,那倒是真的,”斯图亚特回答。
Hang on, then! We may as well get started.
那么,挂上去!我们可以出发了。
Stuart tucked his skates into his shirt, stepped gingerly onto a tuft of
lettuce2, and took a firm gripon Margalo's ankles.
斯图亚特把他的冰鞋塞到他的衬衫里,小心地爬到甘蓝上,紧紧抓住了玛戈的脚踝。
"All ready!" he cried.
“好了。”他喊。
With a flutter of wings, Margalo rose into the sky, carrying Stuart along,玛戈拍打着翅膀,和斯图亚特一起飞上了天空,and together they flew out over the ocean and headed toward home.
他们经过大洋,向家里飞去。
"Pew!" said Margalo, "when they were high in the air, you smell awful, Stuart."“哇!”当他们飞上天时,玛戈说,“你身上的气味太可怕了,斯图亚特。”
"I know I do," he replied, gloomily.
“我知道,”他难过的回答。
I hope it isn't making you feel bad.
我希望这不会让你感觉太糟。
"I can hardly breathe," she answered.
“我几乎都不能喘气了,”她回答。
And my heart is pounding in my breast.
而且我的心都累得蹦蹦跳呢。
Isn't there something you could drop to make yourself
lighter3?
你可以扔掉些可以减轻体重的东西吗?
分享到: