精灵鼠小弟 第50期:热心的凯里医生
时间:2016-03-22 05:14:50
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Then he removed the rolls of gauze from Mr. Clydesdale's mouth.
接着,把那些棉球从克莱德代勒先生的嘴里夹了出来。
“请让我漱口!”他说。
Mr. Clydesdale took a glass of mouthwash that was beside the chair and
rinsed2 his mouth out.
克莱德代勒先生拿过椅子旁边的一瓶漱口药水漱起口来。
"Tell me this, Stuart," said Dr. Carey.
“告诉我这个,斯图亚特,”凯里医生说,
How are you traveling? On foot?
你要怎么旅行?步行吗?
精灵鼠小弟5.jpg
"Yes, sir," said Stuart.
“是的,先生,”斯图亚特回答。
Well, I think you'd better have a car.
噢,我想你最好有一辆车。
As soon as I get this tooth out, we'll see what can be done about it.
只要我把这颗牙拽出来,我就能为你做点儿什么。
Open, please, Mr. Clydesdale.
请张嘴,克莱德代勒先生。
Dr. Carey grabbed the tooth with the pincers again, and this time he pulled so long and so hard and with such determination that the tooth popped out,凯里医生又用他的钳子捏住了那颗牙,而这次他用的力气更大,花的时间更长,态度也更坚决,所以那颗牙终于被咔嚓一声拔了下来,which was a great relief to everybody, particularly to Mr. Clydesdale.
这让每个人都松了一口气,特别是克莱德代勒先生。
The Doctor then led Stuart into another room.
然后医生就把斯图亚特领到了另一间屋子里。
From a shelf he took a tiny
automobile3, about six inches long--the most perfect miniature automobile Stuart had ever seen.
他从书架上拿下一辆小玩具汽车,它只有约六英寸长——是斯图亚特见过的最漂亮的小汽车。
It was bright yellow with black fenders, a streamlined car of
graceful4 design.
它的车身是淡黄色的,挡泥板是黑色的,是辆设计得十分大方的流线型小轿车。
"I made this myself," Dr. Carey said.
“这是我自己做的,”凯里医生说。
I enjoy building model cars and boats and other things when I am not extracting teeth.
我在不给人拔牙的时候,喜欢制作汽车模型,帆船模型和其它的模型。
This car has a real gasoline motor in it.
这个小车里还有一个真正用汽油驱动的引擎。
It has quite a good deal of power--do you think you can handle it, Stuart?
它的速度很快——你认为你能驾驶得了它吗,斯图亚特?
分享到: