小王子 第50期:节约时间
时间:2016-05-05 05:50:00
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"Good morning," said the little prince.
“你好。”小王子说。
"Good morning," said the merchant.
“你好。”商人说道。
This was a merchant who sold pills that had been invented to
quench1 thirst.
这是一位贩卖能够止渴的精制药丸的商人。
You need only swallow one pill a week,and you would feel no need of anything to drink.
每周吞服一丸就不会感觉口渴。
"Why are you selling those?" asked the little prince.
“你为什么卖这玩艺儿?”小王子说。
"Because they save a tremendous amount of time," said the merchant.
“这就大大地节约了时间。”商人说,
Computations have been made by experts. With these pills, you save fiftythree minutes in every week.
专家们计算过,这样,每周可以节约五十三分钟。
"And what do I do with those fifty-three minutes?"
“那么,用这五十三分钟做什么用?”
Anything you like...
随便怎么用都行。…
"As for me," said the little prince to himself, "if I had fifty-three minutes to spend as I liked, I should walk at my leisure toward a spring of fresh water."
小王子自言自语地说:“我如果有五十三分钟可支配,我就悠哉游哉地向水泉走去…”
分享到: