精灵鼠小弟 第84期:绝望又难过的鼠小弟
时间:2016-06-07 09:09:41
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Stuart looked at her in despair.
斯图亚特绝望地看了看她。
"Did you ever see an Indian paddling along some quiet unspoiled river with a great big piece of rope dragging astern?" he asked.
“你曾经见过一艘船尾拖着绳子在宁静的水面上航行的印第安独木舟吗?”他问。
"We could pretend we were fishing," said Harriet, who didn't realize that some people are
fussy1 about boats.
“我们可以假装是在钓鱼,”哈丽雅特觉得一个人不必因为船的小事而发愁。
"I don't want to pretend I'm fishing," cried Stuart,
desperately2.
“我可不想假装是在钓鱼,”斯图亚特绝望地大叫。
Besides, look at that mud! Look at it!
此外,再看看那些泥!看哪!
He was screaming now.
他的声音更高了。
Harriet sat down on the
twig3 beside Stuart.
哈丽雅特坐到斯图亚特坐的树枝上。
她递给他一块薄荷糖,他却摇摇头不接。
"Well," she said, "it's starting to rain, and I guess I'd better be running along if you are not going to take me paddling in your canoe."
“哦,”她说,“天就要下雨了,如果你不带我划独木舟,我还是快点回去的好。”
I don't see why you have to sit here and sulk.
我不明白你坐在这里发呆还有什么用。
Would you like to come up to my house?
你愿意到我家来吗?
After dinner you could take me to the dance at the Country Club.
晚饭后你可以带我去乡村俱乐部跳舞。
It might cheer you up.
这会让你高兴起来的。
"No, thank you," replied Stuart.
“不,谢谢你,”斯图亚特回答。
I don't know how to dance.
我不会跳舞。
Besides, I plan to make an early start in the morning.
而且,我打算明天一早就离开。
I'll probably be on the road at daybreak.
黎明时分我就该在路上了。
"Are you going to sleep out in all this rain?" asked Harriet.
“那么你就睡在雨里吗?”哈丽雅特问。
"Certainly," said Stuart.
“当然,”斯图亚特说。
I'll crawl in under the canoe.
我可以在独木舟下躲雨。
哈丽雅特耸耸肩膀。
"Well," she said, "good-by, Mr. Little."
“好吧,”她说,“再见,利特尔先生。”
"Good-by, Miss Ames," said Stuart.
“再见,埃姆斯小姐,”斯图亚特说。
I am sorry our evening on the river had to end like this.
我很难过,我们在夜河边的会面就这么结束了。
"So am I," said Harriet.
“我也是,”哈丽雅特说。
分享到: