外贸口语一点通第200期:货物保险之商保类型
时间:2016-08-26 01:42:01
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Business insurance types
商保类型
A:Hello, Mr. Smith. How is business?
你好,史密斯先生。最近生意如何?
B:Not so good, I have to say.
我得说,不尽如意。
A:Why, what has happened?
为什么?发生什么事了?
B:Well, the May
consignment1 of canned fruits arrived at the destination rather
dented2 and our users refused to pay for it.
你瞧,五月份装运的罐头水果制品运达目的地时,受挤压凹陷了,用户拒绝付款。
A:That really sounds bad. What's the cause for the damage in your opinion?
那确实太糟糕了。那么你认为货物损坏的原因是什么?
B:Personally, I think the damage was due to careless packing. But my exporter insists that the damage has nothing to do with packing itself and asks me to claim against either the insurance company or the
shipping3 company. So my question to you is whether I can
lodge4 a claim with the insurance company on the damaged goods.
我个人认为损害是由于包装不当造成的,但出口商坚持认为货物的损坏与包装本身没有关系,并要求我向保险公司或货运公司索赔。因此,我想问问您,我能否就损失的货向保险公司提出索赔。
A:Well, your problem relies on what sort of insurance policy you have taken out.
嗯,你的问题症结在于你投保的类型。
B:You see, we have got an "open cover" policy with the insurance company.
我们与保险公司签订的是有预约保险。
A:Well, I don't know I can give you an answer before I know the terms of the policy. Generally speaking, under a CIF term, it covers only "All Risks" and "War Risks", at 110% of the
invoice5 value. Additional specific risks may be covered by additions to the FPA and WPA.
在我了解到你方的投保条款之前,我无法回答你的问题。但一般来说,根据CIF价格条件,所投保的货物发票价值的110%的综合险和战争险。对额外风险,你可以附加投保平安险和水渍险。
1.have nothing to do with sth 与……无关
eg. If you are careful, you will soon see his true colors, and have nothing to do with him.
如果你很谨慎,你很快就会看到他的真面目,不会与他产生任何关系。
eg. All these issues have nothing to do with
appreciation6 for life or motivation or anything like that. It all stems from not knowing where the finish line is.
所有上述的这些感受不是来自于对生命的感谢或激励之类的东西,只是因为我们不知道终点在哪里。
eg. Is there anyone out there, like myself, who is not convinced these childhood
morbidity7 statistics have nothing to do with immunizations?
有没有人像我一样,不相信这些儿童发病率的统计与免疫接种无关?
2.lodge a claim 提出索赔
eg. We can't but lodge a claim against you.
我们不得不向你方提出索赔。
eg. In case of short delivery, the buyer may lodge a claim within 15 day after arrival of the goods.
万一出现了短交货问题,买方可以在货物运达后15日内提出短交货索赔。
我不喜欢提出索赔,但这一损失我们无法承受。
3.rely on 取决于……
eg. And all of these freedoms rely on one thing:
tolerance10.
所有这些自由都依赖于一样东西:宽容。
eg. Therefore, we are not to rely on feelings, but to have faith in the facts.
因此,我们不能依靠我们的感觉,而是要将信心建立在事实上。
eg. He himself advocates that we rely on it.
我们所依赖的观点他自己也加以宣扬。
4.take out 取出;去掉;出发;抵充
eg. Take out insurance, plan your
vaccinations11 in good time and find out how to keep your family safe before you go.
提前买好保险,接种疫苗,在出发前为全家安全做好防范措施。
eg. Departing from this notion, we can take out the concept of
fictitious12 economic law out of the body of present economic law.
从这一理念出发,我们可以在现行经济法体系中抽象出虚拟经济法的概念。
eg. Could you take out my baggage?
请你把我的行李取出来好吗?
分享到: