美丽新世界Brave New World 第17章(11)
时间:2017-01-05 08:58:33
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
All the tonic1 effects of murdering Desdemona and being murdered by Othello, without any of the inconveniences.
它所能产生的滋补效果跟杀死苔斯德蒙娜和被奥塞罗杀死相同,却丝毫没有它的不方便。
But I like the inconveniences.
可是我却喜欢那种不方便。
"We don't," said the Controller. "We prefer to do things comfortably."
“可是我们不喜欢,”总统说,“我们喜欢舒舒服服地办事。”
But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin.
我不需要舒服。我需要上帝,需要诗,需要真正的危险,需要自由,需要善,需要罪恶。
"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
实际上你要求的是受苦受难的权利。
"All right then," said the
Savage2 defiantly3, "I'm claiming the nght to be unhappy."
“那好,”野蛮人挑战地说,我现在就要求受苦受难的权利。”
Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer;
你还没有说要求衰老、丑陋和阳痿的权利;要求害梅毒和癌症的权利;
the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy;
要求食物匮乏的权利;讨人厌烦的权利;
the right to live in constant
apprehension4 of what may happen tomorrow;
要求总是战战兢兢害怕明天会发生的事的权利;
the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind.
要求害伤寒的权利;要求受到种种难以描述的痛苦折磨的权利。
There was a long silence.
良久的沉默。
"I claim them all," said the Savage at last.
“这一切我都要求。”野蛮人终于说道。
Mustapha Mond
shrugged5 his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.
穆斯塔法.蒙德耸耸肩,“那就照您的意思办吧。”他说。
分享到: