木偶奇遇记 第118期:在玩具国享乐(9)
时间:2017-07-13 05:35:44
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
As soon as they had set foot in that land, Pinocchio, Lamp-Wick, and all the other boys who had traveled with them 皮诺乔、小灯芯,以及一起来的孩子,一步入这个地方
They wandered everywhere, they looked into every nook and corner, house and theater. 他们到处晃荡,查看每一个角落、房子和剧院。
They became everybody's friend. Who could be happier than they? 他们和所有人交上了朋友。还有谁能比他们更幸福的呢?
What with entertainments and parties, the hours, the days, the weeks passed like lightning. 在娱乐和派对中,一个钟头又一个钟头,一天又一天,一个星期又一个星期,像闪电似地过去了。
"Oh, what a beautiful life this is!" said Pinocchio each time that, by chance, he met his friend Lamp-Wick. “噢!多美的生活啊!”皮诺乔每次碰到小灯芯就说。
"Was I right or wrong?" answered Lamp-Wick. "And to think you did not want to come! “我的话没错吧?”小灯芯回答说,“还说你不想来呢!
To think that even yesterday the idea came into your head to return home to see your Fairy and to start studying again! 甚至昨天你还想回你那个仙女的家去,重新开始学习呢!
If today you are free from pencils and books and school, you
owe2 it to me, to my advice, to my care. 你今天用不着再为铅笔、书本和学校伤脑筋了,你都得谢谢我,谢谢我的好主意,我对你的关心。
Do you admit it? Only true friends count, after all." 你承认吗?毕竟只有真正的朋友才会这么做。”
"It's true, Lamp-Wick, it's true. If today I am a really happy boy, it is all because of you. “你说得对,小灯芯,你说得对。今天我成为真正快活的孩子,全都多亏了你。
And to think that the teacher, when speaking of you, used to say, 'Do not go with that Lamp-Wick! 可你知道老师跟我是怎么讲你的?他总是说:‘别跟小灯芯在一起,
He is a bad companion and some day he will lead you astray.'" 小灯芯是个坏伙伴,只会把你引入歧途。’”
分享到: