木偶奇遇记 第138期:匹诺曹登台献艺(10)
时间:2017-08-31 01:49:08
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"What do I want with a lame1 donkey2?" said the Manager to the stableboy. 班主于是对管畜栏的小厮说:“我要一头瘸腿驴子能干什么呢?
"Take him to the market and sell him." 带他到市场上去卖了吧。”
When they reached the square, a buyer was soon found. 到了市场上,买主很快出现了。
"How much do you ask for that little lame Donkey?" he asked. "Four dollars." 他问:“这头小瘸腿驴子多少钱?”“四美元。”
"I'll give you four cents. Don't think I'm buying him for work. “我给你四美分。你可别以为我是买它用来干活。
I only want his skin. It looks very tough and I can use it to make myself a drumhead. 我只不过想要他的皮。它的皮挺厚,我可以给自己做个鼓面。
I belong to a musical band in my village and I need a drum." 我隶属于镇上的一个乐队,需要一面鼓。”
I leave it to you, my dear children, to picture to yourself the great pleasure with which Pinocchio heard that he was to become a drumhead! 亲爱的小朋友们,当可怜的皮诺乔听说他注定要变一个大鼓时,他那份高兴劲儿就请诸位去想象了!
As soon as the buyer had paid the four cents, the Donkey changed hands. 这买主一付完四美分,驴子就易主了。
put a stone around his neck, tied a rope to one of his
hind5 feet, gave him a push, and threw him into the water. 他在驴子脖子上吊一块大石头,用一根绳子绑住他一条后腿,猛地一推,把他推到水里去了。
Pinocchio sank immediately. 皮诺乔马上就沉没了,
And his new master sat on the cliff waiting for him to drown, so as to skin him and make himself a drumhead. 买主坐在悬崖上,只等驴子淹死,好剥他的皮来做鼓面。
分享到: