木偶奇遇记 第141期:匹诺曹落入鱼腹(3)
时间:2017-10-25 05:16:30
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"Indeed I did! And I paid four cents for you. Now who will return my money to me?" “我确实这么做了!我为你花了四美分。现在谁会把钱还我呢?”
"But why did you buy me? You bought me to do me harm—to kill me—to make a drumhead out of me!" “但是您买我干什么?您买我是要伤害我,把我杀了去做鼓面!”
"Indeed I did! And now where shall I find another skin?" “我确实这么想的!现在上哪儿再找一张皮呢?”
"Never mind, dear Master. There are so many donkeys in this world." “没关系,亲爱的主人。在这个世界上驴子多的是。”
"Tell me,
impudent1 little
rogue2, does your story end here?" “告诉我,放肆的小家伙,你的故事这就讲完了?”
"One more word," answered the
Marionette3, "and I am through. 木偶回答说:“我还有两句话就讲完了。
After buying me, you brought me here to kill me. 您买了我之后,把我带到这儿来杀死我。
But feeling sorry for me, you tied a stone to my neck and threw me to the bottom of the sea. 可您又出于对我的同情,把一块大石头系在我的脖子上,将我扔到海底。
That was very good and kind of you to want me to suffer as little as possible and I shall remember you always. 您尽量让我少受罪真是太好了,我将永远记住您。
And now my Fairy will take care of me, even if you—" 现在我的仙女会照顾我,即便你—”
"Your Fairy? Who is she?" “你的仙女?她是谁”
"She is my mother, and, like all other mothers who love their children, she never loses sight of me, even though I do not deserve it. “她是我的妈妈,她跟其他妈妈一样都是极其爱护自己子女的,她总是看好我,即使我不值得。
And today this good Fairy of mine, as soon as she saw me in danger of drowning, sent a thousand fishes to the spot where I lay. 今天我的好仙女一看见我快被淹死,就派了一大群鱼到我躺的地方。
They thought I was really a dead donkey and began to eat me. 它们以为我真是一头死驴子,就动口吃我。
分享到: