夏洛的网 第190期:卵袋(5)
时间:2018-01-22 01:07:10
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"You ought to be ashamed of yourself," said Charlotte in disgust. “你该为自己感到害羞,”夏洛不以为然地说,
"It would serve you right if you had an acute attack of indigestion." “如果你消化不了,闹肚子痛,这是你活该。”
"Don't worry about my stomach,"
snarled1 Templeton. “不用为我肚子担心,”坦普尔顿咆哮说,
"It can handle anything. “它什么都能受用。
And by the way, I've got some bad news. 不过我有个坏消息。
As I came past that pig next door 我回来的时候经过隔壁那只猪的猪圈
- the one that calls himself Uncle I noticed a blue tag on the front of his pen. ——那只自称什么‘叔叔’的猪——看到它那猪圈前面有一个蓝色的牌牌。
That means he has won first prize. I guess you're licked, Wilbur. 这是说,它得头奖了。我想你落选了,威尔伯。
You might as well relax - nobody is going to hang any medal on you. 你也可以死了这条心啦——没有人会在你的脖子上挂上个什么奖章了。
Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if Zuckerman changes his mind about you. 而且,如果朱克曼先生对你改变了主意,我也不会觉得奇怪。
Wait till he gets hankering for some fresh pork 等着他来想吃新鲜猪肉、
and smoked ham and crisp bacon! 烟熏火腿和松脆熏咸肉吧!
He'll take the knife to you, my boy." 他会拿着刀向你走来,我的伙计。”
"Be still, Templeton!" said Charlotte. “住口,坦普尔顿!”夏洛说,
"You're too stuffed and bloated to know what you're saying. “你撑饱了,都不知道自己在说什么。
Don't pay any attention to him, Wilbur!" 别去理它,威尔伯!”
Wilbur tried not to think about what the rat had just said. 威尔伯尝试不去想老鼠刚才说过的话。
He
decided2 to change the subject. 它决定改变话题。
"Templeton," said Wilbur, "if you weren't so dopey, “坦普尔顿,”威尔伯说,“你要是不那么昏头昏脑,
you would have noticed that Charlotte has made an egg sac. 你就会注意到夏洛刚做了一个卵袋。
She is going to become a mother. 它要做妈妈了。
For your information, there are five hundred and fourteen eggs in that peachy little sac." 告诉你,在那粉红色小袋里有五百十四个卵呢。”
"Is this true?" asked the rat, eyeing the sac suspiciously. “这是真的吗?”老鼠怀疑地看那个袋,问道。
"Yes, it's true," sighed Charlotte. “对,这是真的。”夏洛叹了口气。
"Congratulations!" murmured Templeton. “恭喜你!”坦普尔顿咕噜说,
"This has been a night!" He closed his eyes, “这真是个美妙的夜!”它闭上眼睛,
pulled some straw over himself, and dropped off into a deep sleep. 拉了点麦草盖住身体,就死死地睡过去了。
Wilbur and Charlotte were glad to be rid of him for a while. 威尔伯和夏洛很高兴能摆脱它一会儿了。
分享到: