夏洛的网 第203期:最后一天(2)
时间:2018-01-22 01:27:54
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Charlotte stopped. 夏洛停了下来。
A moment later a tear came to Wilbur's eye. 过了一会儿,威尔伯的眼睛里涌出了泪水。
"Oh, Charlotte," he said. "To think that when I first met you I thought you were cruel and bloodthirsty!" “噢,夏洛,”它说,“想到第一次见到你,我还以为你很残酷、喜欢嗜血!”
When he recovered from his emotion, he
spoke1 again. 等它从情感激动中恢复过来,它又说了。
"Why did you do all this for me?" he asked. “你为什么为我做这一切呢?”它问道,
"I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you." “我不配。我没有为你做过任何事情。”
"You have been my friend," replied Charlotte. "That in itself is a tremendous thing. “你一直是我的朋友,”夏洛回答说,“这件事本身就是一件了不起的事。
I wove my webs for you because I liked you. 我为你结网,因为我喜欢你。
After all, what's a life, anyway? 再说,生命到底是什么啊?
We're born, we live a little while, we die. 我们出生,我们活上一阵子,我们死去。
A spider's life can't help being something of a mess, with all this trapping and eating flies. 一只蜘蛛,一生只忙着捕捉和吃苍蝇是毫无意义的,
By
helping2 you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. 通过帮助你,也许可以提升一点我生命的价值。
Heaven knows anyone's life can stand a little of that." 谁都知道人活着该做一点有意义的事。”
"Well," said Wilbur. "I'm no good at making speeches. I haven't got your gift for words. “唉,”威尔伯说,“我不会说话。我也不能像你说得那样好。
But you have saved me, Charlotte, and I would gladly give my life for you- I really would." 不过你救了我,夏洛,我很高兴为你献出生命——我真心愿意。”
"I'm sure you would. And I thank you for your generous sentiments." “我断定你会的。我感谢你这种慷慨之心。”
分享到: