英语听书《白鲸记》第301期
时间:2018-05-22 01:19:28
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Wood-house! cried I, which way to it? 堆柴房!我嚷道,该往哪里走?
Run for God's sake, and fetch something to
pry1 open the door-the
axe2!-the axe! 赶快,看在老天爷份上,找件什么东西把那扇门给撬开来...斧头!斧头!
he's had a stroke; depend upon it!-and so saying I was unmethodically rushing up stairs again empty-handed, 他中风了;准保不错!...我这么说过后,又无头无脑地。空着手冲上楼去,
when Mrs.Hussey interposed the mustard-pot and vinegar-cruet, and the entire castor of her
countenance3. 这时候,胡赛太太一手拿着芥末罐,一手拿着醋瓶子,脸色好象一只五味瓶,拦住了我。
What's the matter with you, young man? 你怎么啦,小伙子?
Get the axe! For God's sake, run for the doctor, some one, while I pry it open! 拿斧头来!赶快,看在老天爷份上,快找医生去,要随便哪一个去跑一趟,我去把门给撬开来!
Look here, said the
landlady4, quickly putting down the vinegar-cruet, so as to have one hand free; 喂!老板娘说,连忙放下醋瓶子,腾出一只手来,
look here; are you talking about
prying5 open any of my doors? 喂;你是说要撬开我的房门吗?
and with that she seized my arm. What's the matter with you? What's the matter with you, shipmate? 说着,她就抓住我的胳膊。你怎么啦?你怎么啦?船友?
In as calm, but rapid a manner as possible, I gave her to understand the whole case. Unconsciously clapping the vinegar-cruet to one side of her nose, 我尽量镇定而迅速地把整个事情说给她听。她不知不觉地把醋瓶子轻拍着她半边鼻子,
she
ruminated6 for an instant; then exclaimed-No! I haven't seen it since I put it there. 沉思了一刻后,大声叫喊起来...不!我把它放在那里后一直没去看过它。
Running to a little closet under the landing of the stairs, she glanced in, and returning, told me that Queequeg's
harpoon7 was missing. He's killed himself, she cried. 她奔到扶梯底下的小房间,往里瞧了一下,又赶回来,对我说魁魁格的标枪不见了。他自杀了,她叫嚷道。
It's unfort'nate Stiggs done over again there goes another counterpane-God pity his poor mother! 又是一个可怜的斯蒂格斯...又是一条被单完蛋喽...上帝怜恤他可怜的母亲!
it will be the ruin of my house. Has the poor lad a sister? Where's that girl? 这就把我的屋子给毁了啊。那可怜的小伙子可有个姊妹吗?
there, Betty, go to Snarles the Painter, and tell him to paint me a sign, with-no suicides permitted here, and no smoking in the parlor;-might as well kill both birds at once. 那女孩在什么地方?...啊,倍蒂,到漆匠斯拿尔斯那里走一趟,要他给我漆块牌子,写...'这里不准自杀,客厅不许吸烟,;这就一举两得了。
Kill? The Lord be merciful to his ghost! 杀死啦?愿上帝怜恤他的鬼魂吧!
What's that noise there? You, young man, avast there! 噫,那是什么声音?你,小伙子,停住!
And running up after me, she caught me as I was again trying to force open the door. 当我又想去撞开那房门时,她追了上来,把我抓住了。
分享到: