英语听书《白鲸记》第616期
时间:2018-05-28 01:36:57
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Massa Stubb say dat you can fill your dam bellies1 up to de hatchings, 斯塔布先生说,你们可以把你们的该死的肚皮装个足,直塞到喉咙口;
but by Gor! you must stop dat dam racket!" 可是,千万千万!你们一定要马上停止吵闹!"
Cook, here interposed Stubb, accompanying the word with a sudden slap on the shoulder,—Cook! 厨司,这当儿,斯塔布拦着说,话一出口,厨司的肩膀也猛地挨了一拍,——"厨司!
why, damn your eyes, you mustn't swear that way when you're preaching. 怎么,你瞎了眼啦,你在跟它们讲道,就不能那么凶巴巴地咒骂它们。
That's no way to convert sinners, Cook! Who dat?
Den2 preach to him yourself,"
sullenly3 turning to go. 犯罪的人哪能回心转意,厨司!"什么?那么,你自己去跟它们讲吧,他老大不高兴地扭过身就想走。
No, Cook; go on, go on." 不行,厨司;再讲下去,再讲下去。
Well, den, Belubed fellow-critters: 好吧,那么,亲爱的同胞们呀!
Right! exclaimed Stubb, approvingly, "
coax4 'em to it, try that," and Fleece continued. 对!斯塔布称赞地叫了起来;"就这样好好地劝劝它们;试一试,"于是弗里斯继续说下去了。
Do you is all sharks, and by natur wery woracious, yet I zay to you, fellow-critters, dat dat woraciousness—'top dat dam slappin' ob de tail! 你们虽然确实都是鲨鱼,生来又是十分贪心,不过,我对你们说,同胞们,贪尽管贪——就是别用那尾巴狂敲狂拍!
How you tink to hear, 'spose you keep up such a dam slapping and bitin' dare? 如果你们这样尽他妈的狂敲狂拍下去,你们想,多难听。
Cook, cried Stubb, collaring him, "I won't have that swearing. Talk to 'em gentlemanly." 厨司,斯塔布一边叫道,一边抓着他的领头,"我不要听你那凶巴巴的咒骂。跟它们文文雅雅地说话。"
Once more the sermon proceeded. 于是,又继续讲道。
Your woraciousness, fellow-critters. 你们这些贪心的同胞呀,
I don't blame ye so much for; dat is natur, and can't be helped; but to gobern dat wicked natur, dat is de
pint5. 我并不很责怪你们,这是天性,无法可想。不过,管住那种鬼脾气,才对头呀。
You is sharks, sartin; but if you gobern de shark in you, why den you be angel; for all angel is not'ing more dan de shark well goberned. 你们是鲨鱼,没有问题,可是,要是你们管得住你们的鲨鱼脾气,你们可就成了仙啦;因为所有的仙人,也不见得都比鲨鱼更管得住自己的脾气。
分享到: