英语听书《白鲸记》第617期
时间:2018-05-28 01:37:27
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Now, look here, bred'ren, just try wonst to be cibil, a helping1 yourselbs from dat whale. 那么,听着,同胞们,不妨试一试,你们吃那条鲸,吃得文雅些。
Don't be tearin' de blubber out your neighbour's mout, I say. 我说,别抢走你们的邻居嘴巴里的鲸脂。
Is not one shark dood right as toder to dat whale? 你们对这条鲸不是谁都没有什么权利么?
And, by Gor, none on you has de right to dat whale; dat whale belong to some one else. 千真万确,你们对那条鲸是谁都没有什么权利的;那条鲸是另一个人的。
I know some o' you has berry brig mout, brigger dan oders; but
den2 de brig mouts sometimes has de small
bellies3; 我知道你们里头有些嘴巴很大,比别人大;不过,有大嘴巴的,有的肚皮却很小;
so dat de brigness of de mout is not to swallar wid, but to bit off de blubber for de small fry ob sharks, dat can't get into de scrouge to help demselves." 所以,大嘴巴就不该大口地吞,应该给那些小鲨鱼咬出点鲸脂来,它们都抢不到油水,吃不到东西。"
Well done, old Fleece! cried Stubb, "that's Christianity; go on." 讲得不错,弗里斯老头!斯塔布嚷道,"这才象基督教的道理,再说下去吧。"
No use goin' on; de dam willains will keep a scrougin' and slappin' each oder, Massa Stubb; 再说下去也没有用。这些该死的家伙还是要不停地挤来挤去,你打我,我打你,斯塔布先生。
dey don't hear one word; no use a-preaching to such dam g'uttons as you call 'em, till dare bellies is full, and dare bellies is bottomless; 它们一句话都没有听进去,对这些你管它们叫做该死的贪心鬼讲道是没有用的,要等它们装满了肚皮再说,它们的肚皮又是没底的;
and when dey do get 'em full, dey
wont4 hear you den; 待到它们装满了肚皮,那时候,它们又不听你了;
for den dey sink in de sea, go fast to sleep on de coral, and can't hear noting at all, no more, for eber and eber. 因为它们一装满了肚皮,就沉到海里去,连忙躺在珊瑚上去睡大觉,根本就什么也听不进了,再也不来听你了,永生永世都不来听你了。
Upon my soul, I am about of the same opinion; so give the
benediction5, Fleece, and I'll away to my supper. 确确实实,我差不多也有同样看法;所以给它们做祝祷吧,弗里斯,我要去吃晚饭啦。
Upon this, Fleece, holding both hands over the fishy mob, raised his shrill voice, and cried— 听到这么说,弗里斯就对着鱼群拱起双手,提起他那尖声尖气的调门,叫了起来:
分享到: