英语听书《白鲸记》第618期
时间:2018-05-28 01:38:00
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Cussed fellow-critters! Kick up de damndest row as ever you can; fill your dam bellies1 'till dey bust—and den2 die. 该死的同胞们呀!你们就拼命狂吵狂闹吧;把你们那该死的肚皮装得炸了——死了拉倒。
Now, cook, said Stubb, resuming his supper at the capstan; Stand just where you stood before, there, over against me, and pay particular attention." 听着,厨司,斯塔布在绞盘边重新吃着他的晚餐,说道,"站在你刚才站着的地方,站在我对面,特别注意。"
All 'dention, said Fleece, again stooping over upon his
tongs3 in the desired position. 十分注意,弗里斯说,他又在那叫他站着的地方伛着腰,支着他的大火钳。
Well, said Stubb,
helping4 himself freely meanwhile; "I shall now go back to the subject of this steak. 好,斯塔布一边自在地吃着,一边说道,"我现在又要回到这肉排的话题上来。
In the first place, how old are you, cook?" 我先问你,你多大年纪啦,厨司?"
What dat do wid de 'teak, said the old black,
testily5. 这跟肉排有什么关系,这个黑老头急躁地说。
Silence! How old are you, cook? 住嘴!你多大年纪啦,厨司?
Bout6 ninety, dey say, he gloomily muttered. 大概是九十岁,人家都这样说,他阴沉沉地喃喃道。
And have you have lived in this world hard upon one hundred years, cook, and don't know yet how to cook a whale-steak?" 啊,厨司,你活在这世界上快一百年了,却还不懂得怎样煮鲸排么?
rapidly bolting another mouthful at the last word, so that that
morsel7 seemed a continuation of the question. 说到最后一句的时候,他又连忙吞下了一大口,所以那块肉似乎就是问题的延续。
"Where were you born, cook?" "你出生在什么地方,厨司?"
Hind8 de hatchway, in ferry-boat, goin' ober de Roanoke. 在开往罗阿诺克岛的摆渡船舱口后面。
Born in a ferry-boat! That's queer, too. 生在一只摆渡船里!这也真怪。
But I want to know what country you were born in, cook! 可是,我要知道你是出生在哪一个地方的,厨司?
Didn't I say de Roanoke country? he cried sharply. 我不是说在罗阿诺克地方么?他大声叫起来。
No, you didn't, cook; but I'll tell you what I'm coming to, cook. 不,你没有说,厨司;不过,让我把要说的话对你说吧,厨司,
You must go home and be born over again; you don't know how to cook a whale-steak yet. 你得回家去,再去投生一趟;你连煮鲸排都还不懂呢。
分享到: