木偶奇遇记 第160期:匹诺曹梦想成真(6)
时间:2018-06-19 01:24:38
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"You are right, little Cricket1, you are more than right, and I shall remember the lesson you have taught me. “你说的对,小蟋蟀,你说的太对了,我要记住你给我的教训。
But will you tell how you succeeded in buying this pretty little cottage?" 可你告诉我,你是怎么买来这座漂亮的小房子?”
"This cottage was given to me yesterday by a little Goat with blue hair." “这小房子是昨天一只长着天蓝色羊毛的小山羊送给我的。
"And where did the Goat go?" asked Pinocchio. "I don't know." “这山羊上哪儿去了?”皮诺乔问道。“我不知道。”
"And when will she come back?" "She will never come back. “它什么时候回来?”“她永远不回来了。
Yesterday she went away
bleating2 sadly, and it seemed to me she said: 昨天它伤心地离开,咩咩地叫,像是说:
'Poor Pinocchio, I shall never see him again...the Shark must have eaten him by this time.'" ‘可怜的皮诺乔,我再也看不到他了,鲨鱼这会儿准把他给吃掉了。”
"Were those her real words? Then it was she—it was—my dear little Fairy," cried out Pinocchio,
sobbing3 bitterly. “这些话真是它说的吗?那就是她!就是我亲爱的小仙女!”皮诺乔嚎啕大哭着叫道。
After he had cried a long time, he wiped his eyes and then he made a bed of straw for old Geppetto. 等到他哭了很久,就擦干眼泪,用干草给老杰佩托铺好了床。
He laid him on it and said to the Talking Cricket: "Tell me, little Cricket, where shall I find a glass of milk for my poor Father?" 他让他躺好,接着问会说话的蟋蟀:“告诉我,小蟋蟀,哪儿我能给我可怜的爸爸弄到一杯牛奶呢?”
"Three fields away from here lives Farmer John. “离开这儿三块田的地方,有个叫约翰的农民。
He has some cows. Go there and he will give you what you want." 他有好几头奶牛。你上他那儿,他会给你想要的东西。”
Pinocchio ran all the way to Farmer John's house. 皮诺乔直接跑到了农民那儿去。
The Farmer said to him: "How much milk do you want?" 农民问他:“你要多少牛奶?”
"I want a full glass." “我要满满一杯。”
"A full glass costs a penny. First give me the penny." “一杯牛奶一美分,先给我钱。”
"I have no penny," answered Pinocchio, sad and ashamed. “可我一分钱也没有,”皮诺乔回答说,觉得既难过又难为情。
分享到: