英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第141期:第九章 理论(5)
时间:2018-06-20 01:48:03
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"About vampires1." I realized I was whispering. “关于吸血鬼的传说。”我意识到自己在低语着。
I couldn't look at his face now. 现在我再也不敢看他的脸了。
"And you immediately thought of me?" Still calm. “然后你立刻就想到了我?”依然很平静。
"No. He...mentioned your family." He was silent, staring at the road. “不。他……提到了你的家族。”他沉默了,只是注视着路面。
I was worried suddenly, worried about protecting Jacob. 我忽然担心起来,担心着想要保护雅克布。
"He just thought it was a silly superstition," I said quickly. “他只是觉得那是一个愚蠢的迷信。”我飞快地说道。
"He didn't expect me to think anything of it." “他没希望我把其中的任何内容当真。”
It didn't seem like enough; 这似乎还不太够。
I had to confess. "It was my fault, I forced him to tell me." 我不得不承认道:“都是我的错,是我逼他告诉我的。”
"Why?" “为什么?”
"Lauren said something about you she was trying to provoke me. “劳伦说了一些关于你的话,她想要激怒我。
And an older boy from the tribe said your family didn't come to the reservation, only it sounded like he meant something different. 然后部落里的一个年长的男孩说你的家族不会来保留区,只是听起来他像是在暗示着别的意思。
So I got Jacob alone and I tricked it out of him," I admitted, hanging my head. 所以我把雅克布单独约了出来,哄骗他说了出来。”我垂下头,承认道。
He startled me by laughing. 他大笑起来,把我吓了一跳。
I glared up at him. He was laughing, but his eyes were fierce, staring ahead. 我抬起头瞪着他。他大笑着,眼神却显得很狂暴,他直视着前方。
"Tricked him how?" he asked. “怎么哄骗他的?”他问道。
"I tried to flirt—it worked better than I thought it would." Disbelief colored my tone as I remembered. “我试图向他调情但效果比我想象的还要好。”我回想着,语气里带了点怀疑的色彩。
"I'd like to have seen that." He
chuckled4 darkly. “我真想亲眼目睹那个情景。”他阴郁地轻笑着。
"And you accused me of dazzling people—poor Jacob Black." “你还指责我把别人迷得神魂颠倒呢可怜的雅克布·布莱克。”
I blushed and looked out my window into the night. 我红着脸,转头看着自己这侧窗外的夜空。
分享到: