英国学生科学读本 第97期:人体(3)
时间:2018-08-29 01:50:19
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Lesson 97 The Body 第97课 人体
If you wish to keep your body healthy, you must learn something about its inside as well as about its outside. 你想要有一个健康的身体, 那就不仅需要了解它的外部结构, 更要明白它的内在构造。
The trunk or middle part of your body is hollow, and inside it there are several parts or organs, 人体的躯干属于中空结构, 里面长有很多器官,
each of which has its own work to do in
helping1 you to live a healthy and happy life. 它们各有各的功能, 可以帮助你享受一个健康、快乐的人生。
The upper part of your trunk is called the chest. 躯干的上方就是胸腔。
Place your hand near the middle of your chest, and notice whether anything is moving inside it. 把手放在胸腔中部, 注意是否能够感觉到里面有东西在跳动。
Yes; that is your heart beating. 那就是你的心跳。
The heart is a strong hollow bag about the size of your closed hand. It is made of flesh or muscle. 心脏的大小跟你紧握的拳头差不多, 这是一个结实的中空袋状结构, 由肌肉组成。
The heart is filled with blood from the
veins2 every second. 心脏每时每刻都充满了来自血管的血液。
No sooner is it full than it contracts or closes, and so squeezes the blood into pipes or blood-vessels, called
arteries3, 当它还没有饱满的时候就会收缩或者关闭, 从而将血液挤压到名为动脉的血管之中,
which carry the blood to every part of your body. 这样一来, 血液就会流到身体的各个角落。
Then the blood comes back to the heart again through other pipes or tubes, which are called veins. 随后, 这些血液通过静脉血管流回到心脏之中。
You can easily see some veins under the skin on the back of your hand. 只要看看自己手背的皮肤, 你就能发现一些静脉。
Because the blood moves round and round inside our body, starting from the heart and coming back to the heart again, it is said to circulate. 因为血液总是在身体内部不停流动——从心脏流出并再次回流到心脏之中——这就构成了血液循环。
For this reason the heart, the arteries, and the veins are called the organs of circulation. 为此, 心脏、动脉与静脉就被称作循环器官。
In the chest we also find two organs called the lungs, one on each side of the heart. 在胸腔中, 我们还会看到两个名叫肺的器官, 它们分别位于心脏两侧。
These lungs contain many little tubes which are full of air, and many other tubes which contain blood. 肺上长有很多充满了空气与血液的管状结构。
分享到: