在线英语听力室

英语听书《白鲸记》第893期

时间:2018-11-19 04:32:29

搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。

(单词翻译)

   Sir?—Clay? clay, sir? That's mud; we leave clay to ditchers, sir. 先生?泥?泥,先生?那是烂泥呀;我们还是让挖阴沟的人去弄泥吧,先生。

  The fellow's impious! What art thou sneezing about? 这家伙真邪恶!你干啥不断地打喷嚏?
  Bone is rather dusty, sir. 骨头总是灰蒙蒙的,先生。
  Take the hint, then; and when thou art dead, never bury thyself under living people's noses. 那么,记住,等你死的时候,可千万别当着活人的脸下土呀。
  Sir?—oh! ah!—I guess so; so;—yes, yes—oh dear! 先生?——啊!呀!——我想是这样;不错——啊,天哪!
  Look ye, carpenter, I dare say thou callest thyself a right good workmanlike workman, eh? 听着,木匠,也许你自称是个规规矩矩、正正派派的、有本领的匠人吧?
  Well, then, will it speak thoroughly1 well for thy work, if, when I come to mount this leg thou makest, 唔,那么,如果我一跨上你给我做的这条腿,是不是就可以充分表现出你的能耐,
  I shall nevertheless feel another leg in the same identical place with it; 使我觉得在这个地方又长上了一条腿呢;
  that is, carpenter, my old lost leg; the flesh and blood one, I mean. 嗳,木匠师傅,我说的是我先前失掉的那条腿,那条有血有肉的腿呀。
  Canst thou not drive that old Adam away? 你难道不能把那个老亚当撵走吗?
  Truly, sir, I begin to understand somewhat now. 啊,真的,先生,我这下可开始有点弄明白啦。
  Yes, I have heard something curious on that score, sir; 不错,在这方面,我已经听到过一些希奇的说法;
  how that a dismasted man never entirely2 loses the feeling of his old spar, but it will be still pricking3 him at times. 折桅断杆的人总是永远忘不了他的旧材,还时常刺痛着他的心呢。
  May I humbly4 ask if it be really so, sir? It is, man. 请问是不是真的这样,先生?是这样,老朋友。
  Look, put thy live leg here in the place where mine once was; so, now, here is only one distinct leg to the eye, yet two to the soul. 喂,试把你那条活腿安到我从前也有一条腿的地方上看;所以么,虽然现在看来明明只有一条腿,心里记着的却是一双。

分享到:

Error Warning!

出错了

Error page: /index.php?aid=455475&mid=3
Error infos: Got error 28 from storage engine
Error sql: select `l`.`tag`,`l`.`index`,`l`.`level_id`,`b`.`id`,`b`.`word`,`b`.`spell`,`b`.`explain`,`b`.`sentence`,`b`.`src` from `new_wordtaglist` `l` left join `new_word_base` `b` on `l`.`tag`=`b`.`word` where `l`.`arc_id`='455475' and `l`.`level_id`>='' group by `b`.`word` order by `l`.`index` asc

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎 点击提交 分享给大家。