第375期:读懂这三个单词助你改掉自己的坏习惯
时间:2018-11-29 02:41:23
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
New Words:
trigger n. 扳机;[电子] 触发器;
alternate vi. 交替;轮流
alternative adj. 供选择的;选择性的;交替的
temptation n. 引诱;诱惑物
switch off(用开关)关掉;切断(电源)
1. Control: Master your desire
控制:控制你的欲望
Identify your triggers
确定你的诱因
It's important to identify what is triggering you to continually act out your bad habit. This isn't always an easy step because our habits have been built up over a long period of time.
确定是什么触发你不断地表现出你的坏习惯。这点很重要。这并不容易,因为我们一个习惯已经养成了很长时间。
Self-reflect
自我反省
What comfort are you getting from this habit?
Why do you need comfort?
你从这种习惯中得到了什么安慰?
你为什么需要安慰?
2.Alternate: Find a replacement
替换:找到替代品
Find a positive alternative habit
找一个积极替代习惯
Once you think you've discovered your trigger, try to find a similar but healthy option. By doing this, you aren't getting rid of the act altogether like you would if you completely gave something up with nothing to fill that void. This helps your brain accept the improved habit more.
一旦你认为你已经发现了你的诱因,试着找到一个类似但健康习惯。通过这样,你不会完全摆脱你之前的习惯,也不至于让你完全放弃,无法填补心中的空缺。这有助于你的大脑接受改善的习惯。
制定防御计划
Think of things you can do when the temptations come. For example, if you want to check your phone less, ask your friend or partner to keep it for you or switch it off and read a book.
想一想当诱惑来临时你能做些什么。例如,如果你想少看手机,请你的朋友或伴侣为你保管或是关机然后读一本书。
3. Delete: remove temptations
删除:删除诱惑
Remove stuff that reminds you of the bad habit
拿走那些让你想起坏习惯的东西
Getting rid of anything that reminds you of your bad habit is essential.
摆脱任何提醒你坏习惯的事情是必要的。
Avoid all kinds of temptations
避免各种诱惑
In the same
vein5, avoid places or people that you know will
tempt2 you back into that bad habit. Don't go to the supermarket on an empty stomach to avoid the temptation to buy trashy snacks.
同样,避免那些让你重染坏习惯的地方或人不要空着肚子去超市,避免购买垃圾零食。
Bad habits are easy to form and making changes can seem difficult but remember that it's all about consistency and repetition.
坏习惯很容易养成,做出改变似乎很难,但要记住,一定要持续的坚持和重复。
分享到: