(单词翻译:单击)
在线收看:电影对白
The Big Bang Theory 第3季 01集: The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation
Previously on The Big Bang Theory...
生活大爆炸前情提要...
-Sheldon: I am going to the Arctic Circle
arctic Circle: 北极圈
我要去北极了,
With Leonard, Howard, and Koothrappali.
和LeonardHoward 和 Koothrappali一起。
-Penny: For three months?
去三个月?
-Sheldon: Yes.
是的。
-Leonard: What did you mean when you said you were going to miss me?
mean: 意思是,意味着 miss: 想念
你说你会想念我这是什么意思?
-Penny: It means I wish you weren't going.
wish: 希望,但愿
意思是我希望你不要走。
-Leonard: Oh, Thank God we're home.
噢谢天谢地我们总算回来了。
-Howard: I can't believe we spent three months in that frozen hell.
真不敢相信我们在冰天雪地呆了三个月。
-Rajesh: It was like a snowy nightmare
nightmare: 噩梦
就像一场有暴雪的噩梦,
from which there was no awakening.
awaken: 唤醒
而我们却不会醒来。
-Sheldon: I don't know what Arctic expedition you guys were on,
expedition: 远征;探险;考察
我不知道你们对北极探险感觉怎样,
but I thought it was a hoot and a half.
hoot = don’t care: 毫不在乎;表示蔑视不满的叫喊 a hoot and a half = very funny
不过我觉得非常有意思。
-Sheldon: Oh, hi, Mom.
噢,嗨,妈妈。
No, I told you I'd call you when I got home.
不我说过我到了再打给你的。
I'm not home yet.
我还没到呢。
All right, I'm home.
好吧,我到了。
The Arctic expedition was a remarkable success.
expedition: 远征;探险;考察 remarkable: 异常的;引人注目的;不寻常的
北极探险非常成功。
I'm all but certain there's a Nobel Prize in my future.
All but: 几乎,差不多 Prize: 奖赏,奖金,奖品
我几乎能肯定,我将来能获得诺贝尔奖。
Actually, I shouldn't say that.
actually: 实际上
实际上,我不该这么说。
I'm entirely certain.
Entirely: 全部地;完整地;完全地
我完全肯定
No, Mother, I could not feel your church group
不,妈妈,我没感受到你的教团
praying for my safety.
pray: 祈祷,祷告 safety: 安全
在为我的安全祈祷。
The fact I'm home safe
fact: 事实
我安全到家这一事实,
does not prove that it worked.
prove: 证明 work: 起作用
并不能证明其有效。
That logic is post hoc ergo propter hoc.
logic: 逻辑
这种逻辑完全是"后此谬误"(在此之后因而必然由此造成)。
No, I'm not sassing you in Eskimo talk.
sass: 对…无礼;粗鲁对待 Eskimo: 爱斯基摩人 talk: 说话
不我不是在用爱斯基摩语跟你顶嘴。
-Leonard: I'm gonna go let Penny know we're back.
let: 让,使 back: 回来
我得去告诉Penny 我回来了。
Sheldon: Mother, I have to go. Love you. Bye.
妈妈,我得挂了。爱你,再见。
Hello, old friend.
你好,老朋友,
Daddy's home.
爸爸回家了。
-Penny: Leonard, you're back.
Leonard 你回来了。
-Leonard: Yeah. I just stopped by to say... hmph!
对,我只是过来... 嗯!
Yeah. So, hi.
嗯。嗨。
-Penny: hi.
嗨
-Howard: Damn it, I should have gone over and told her we were back.
damn: 该死的 go over: 走过去 be back: 回来
该死我也该去跟她说我们回来了。
-Rajesh: Yeah, it was first come, first serve.
first come, first serve: 先到先得
是啊,先到先得嘛。
Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state
whole: 整个 universe: 宇宙 hot: 烫的 dense: 密集的,稠密的,浓密的
宇宙一度又滚烫又稠密,
Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait!
nearly: 几乎,将近 billion: 十亿 ago: 以前 expansion: 扩张,膨胀
140亿年前终于爆了炸... 等着吧!
The Earth began to cool
earth: 地球 cool: 凉快的,凉爽的
地球开始降温,
The autografts been to drool, Neanderthals developed tools.
autograft: 自体移植物 drool: Neanderthal: 穴居人的 develop: 发明 tool: 工具
自养生物来起哄,穴居人发明了工具,
We built the Wall. We built the pyramids.
built(build 的过去式): 建造 wall: 墙 pyramid: 金字塔
我们建起城墙,我们建起金字塔,
Math, Science, History, unraveling the mystery,
math: 数学 science: 科学 unravel: 揭开 mystery: 神秘,神秘的事
数学、科学、历史、揭开神秘,
That all started with a big bang.
start with: 由……开始 bang: 巨响,爆炸声;猛击,猛撞
一切皆由大爆炸开始。
-Sheldon: I just want you both to know,
both: 两个都
我只是想让你俩知道,
when I publish my findings, I won't forget your contributions.
punish: 发表 finding: 调查(或研究)的结果 forget: 忘记 contribution: 贡献
一旦我发表了我的成果我不会忘记你们的贡献的。
-Howard: Great. Thanks.
那太好了,谢谢。
Of course, I can't mention you in my Nobel acceptance speech,
mention: 提及,提到 Nobel: 诺贝尔 acceptance: 接受,认可 speech: 演讲
当然,我不能在诺贝尔的领奖演说上提及你们,
but when I get around to writing my memoirs,
get around: 开始 memoir: 回忆录,自传
但我会把你们写进我的自传的。
you can expect a very effusive footnote
expect: 期待,期望 effusive: 流露感情的,溢于言表的 footnote: 脚注(列在一页末了的附注)
你们可以期待一下那个感情洋溢的注脚,
and perhaps a signed copy.
perhaps: 也许 signed: 签过名字的 copy: 复本
或者是签名书。
-Rajesh: We have to tell him.
我们得告诉他。
-Sheldon: Tell me what?
告诉我什么?
-Howard: Damn his Vulcan hearing.
damn: 该死的 Vulcan: 瓦肯族 hearing: 听力
他那该死的瓦肯族耳朵。
-Sheldon: You fellows are planning a party for me, aren't you?
fellow: 小伙子,家伙 plan: 计划
你们要为我准备庆功派对,对吧?
-Howard: Okay, Sheldon, sit down.
好吧,Sheldon,咱坐下来谈。
-Sheldon: If there's going to be a theme I should let you know
theme: 主题 should: 应该
如果是个主题派对的话,我得告诉你们。
that I don't care for luau, toga or "under the sea."
care for: 喜欢 luau: (常伴有文娱节目的)夏威夷式宴会 toga: 宽外袍
我不喜欢夏威夷式派对、长袍派对或者"海底派对"。
-Howard: Yeah, we'll keep that in mind. Look...
keep in mind: 记住
好的,我们记住了。听着...
we need to talk to you about something that happened
happen: 发生
我们得谈谈在北极时
at the North Pole.
north pole: 北极 pole: 地极,磁极,电极
发生的事。
-Sheldon: If this is about the night the heat went out,
heat: 暖气;暖炉 go out: 熄灭;停止运转
如果是关于暖气坏掉的那个夜晚,
there's nothing to be embarrassed about.
embarrass: 尴尬 about: 关于……
不用尴尬,直说就行了。
-Rajesh: It's not about that.
不是关于这个。
-Howard: And we agreed never speak of it again.
agree: 同意 never: 永远 speak of: 谈论,谈起
而且我们同意不再提这事了。
-Sheldon: So we slept together naked.
together: 一起 slept(sleep的过去式): 睡觉 naked: 赤裸的
实际上我们裸睡在一起。
It was only to keep
这是唯一能
our core body temperatures from plummeting.
keep from: 阻止……发生 core: 核心,精髓,要点 temperature: 温度 plummet: 垂直落下,骤然跌落
防止我们身体温度骤降的办法。
-Howard: He's speaking about it.
speak about: 谈论
他还是说了。
-Rajesh: For me, it was a bonding moment.
bond: 连接,接合,结合 moment: 时刻
对我来说,那是个亲密接触的时刻。
-Howard: Sheldon, you remember the first few weeks
Sheldon,你还记得开始几周
we were looking for magnetic monopoles
look for: 寻找 magnetic: 磁性的 monopole: 单极,磁单极子
我们寻找磁单极子,
and not finding anything and you were acting
结果什么也没找到,你就表现得
like an obnoxious, giant dictator?
obnoxious: 讨厌的;可憎的 giant: 巨大的 dictator: 独裁者
像个令人厌恶的独裁者?
-Rajesh: I thought we were going to be gentle with him.
gentle: 柔和的,和气的
我觉得我们该对他和气些。
-Howard: That's why I added the "tator."
所以我加上了"tator"(dick不文明...)。
And then when we finally got our first positive data,
finally: 最后 positive: 乐观的 data: 数据
当我们终于得到第一组乐观的数据时
you were so happy.
你很高兴。
-Sheldon: Oh, yes.
噢,是的。
In the world of emoticons, I was colon, capital "D."
emoticon: 情感符 colon: 冒号 capital: 大写的
在字符语言世界里我是这样表情 :D(表示大笑)。
-Howard: Well, in actuality, what your equipment detected
equipment: 仪器 detect: 检测到
事实上,你的仪器检测到的
wasn't so much evidence of paradigm shifting monopoles
evidence: 证词;证据;迹象 paradigm: 范例;样式 shift: 转换 monopole: 磁单极子
不足已成为极子转化的证据。
as it was...
实际上那是...
static from the electric can opener
static: 静电的 electric: 电的 can: 罐,听 opener: 开启者;开启工具
我们在控制开关的
we were turning on and off.
turn on: 打开 turn off: 关闭
电动开罐器发出的静电噪声。
-Rajesh: He just went colon, capital "O."
colon: 冒号 capital: 大写的
他变成了这样 :O。
-Sheldon: You tampered with my experiment?
tamper: 窜改 experiment: 实验
你们篡改了我的实验数据?
-Howard: We have to.
我们必须这样。
-Rajesh: It was the only way to keep you
这是唯一能让你
from being such a huge Dickensian.
keep from: 阻止;免于 huge: 巨大的,庞大的 Dickensian: 狄更斯的(文学作家)
变得不那么痛苦的办法。
You see that? I add the "ensian."
听见没? 我加了"ensian"。
-Sheldon: Did Leonard know about this?
Leonard知道这些吗?
Leonard's my best friend in the world.
Leonard是我世界上最好的朋友,
Surely Leonard didn't know.
surly: 当然
Leonard当然不会知道。
-Howard: Actually, it was his idea.
idea: 主意,想法
实际上,这是他的主意。
-Sheldon: Of course it was. The whole plan reeks of Leonard.
whole: 整个 plan: 计划 reek: 发出浓烈的臭气
这当然是Leonard的馊主意。
-Penny: I missed you So much.
miss: 想念 so much: 这么多
我太想你了。
-Leonard: I missed you, too.
我也想你。
-Penny: I couldn't even think of anyone else while you were gone.
even: 甚至 think of: 想起 else: 其他的 gone: 离开的
你走之后,我只想着你。
-Leonard: Me, neither.
我也是。
Except for one night when the heat went out.
except for: 除了 heat: 火炉;暖气 go out: 熄灭;停止运转
除了暖气坏掉的一个晚上。
Long story. It's... Don't ask.
一言难尽,是... 还是别问了。
-Sheldon: Leonard.
Leonard。
Leonard. Leonard.
Leonard Leonard。
-Leonard: Do not make a sound.
sound: 声音
别出声
-Sheldon: Whispering, "Do not make a sound..."
whisper: 低声说,耳语
低声说 "别出声..."
is a sound.
已经出声了。
-Leonard: Damn his Vulcan hearing.
damn: 该死的 hearing: 听力
他那该死的瓦肯族耳朵。
Not a good time, Sheldon.
你来的不是时候,Sheldon。
-Sheldon: Penny.
Penny。
Penny. Penny.
Penny,Penny。
-Penny: Oh, this is ridiculous.
ridiculous: 荒唐的
噢,这可真荒唐。
What?
什么事?
-Sheldon: Hello, Penny
你好啊 Penny
I realize you're currently at the mercy
realize: 意识到 currently: 目前,现在 at the mercy of: 任…摆布
我意识到,你目前正受到
of your primitive biological urges,
primitive: 原始的 biological: 生物的 urge: 强烈的愿望
原始的生物冲动的支配。
but as you have an entire life time
entire: 整个
但鉴于你还有一生的时间做这些糟糕的决定,
of poor decisions ahead of you, may I interrupt this one?
poor: 糟糕的 decision: 决定 ahead of: 在……之前 interrupt: 打扰
我能打断一下这次的吗?
-Penny: It is good to see you, too. Come and in.
我也很高兴见到你,进来吧。
-Sheldon: It's Wolowitz has informed me come of your grand deception.
inform: 通知,告诉 grand: 极好的 deception: 欺骗
Wolowitz告诉了我你的鬼把戏。
Do you have anything to say for yourself?
say for sb: 为某人辩解
你有什么为你自己辩解的吗?
-Leonard: Yes, I feel terrible about it.
terrible: 很糟的;极差的
是的,我深深的抱歉。
I will never forgive myself, I don't expect you to, either,
never: 永远不 forgive: 原谅 expect: 期望 either: 也
我永远不能原谅自己,也不奢望你能原谅我。
and I would really appreciate it if you would leave me with Penny
appreciate: 感激,感谢 leave: 留下
我将非常感谢你,如果你能让我待在Penny这里
for such an absorbed criticism and repentance.
absorb: 专心致志;全神贯注 criticism: 检讨 repentance: 忏悔
全神贯注的检讨和忏悔。
-Penny: Okay, can someone please tell me what's going on here?
go on: 发生,进行
好的,谁能告诉我到底发生什么了?
-Sheldon: What's going on is I was lead to believe
be lead to: 被误导 believe: 相信
是我被人误导
I was making ground breaking strides in science,
ground: 地面;重大的 breaking: 突破 stride: 大步 science: 科学
误以为我在科学上有了重大突破。
when in fact, I was being fed
in fact: 实际上 being fed: 被欺骗
而实际上,我是被lowitz和Koothrappali
false data at the hands of lowitz, Koothrappal.
false: 假的 at the hand of: 被……摆弄
还有你的这个毛绒绒的玩具男朋友
and your furry little boy toy.
furry: 毛茸茸的 toy: 玩具
搞出来的假数据欺骗了。
-Penny: Is that true?
这是真的?
-Leonard: It was the only way to make him happy.
只是想让他高兴而已。
-Penny: Well, why'd you have to make him happy?
那,你们为什么要让他高兴呢?
-Leonard: Because when he wasn't happy, we wanted to kill him.
因为如果他不高兴,就会逼得我们想杀他。
There was even a plan.
even: 甚至 plan: 计划
我们甚至还计划好了。
We were going to throw his Kindle outside,
going to do: 计划做 throw: 扔 kindle: outside: 外面地
我们计划把他的Kindle(电子书阅览器)扔出去,
and when he went to get it, lock the door
get: 取 lock: 锁
当他出去捡时,我们就把他锁在门外
and let him freeze to death.
freeze: 冷,冻 death: 死亡
让他冻死。
-Sheldon: That seems like a bit of an overreaction.
a bit of: 有点 overreaction: 过分
这有点太过分了吧。
-Leonard: No, the overreaction was the plan to tie your limbs
overreaction: 过分的事 plan: 计划 tie: 捆绑 limb: 四肢
不,最过分的计划是把你的四肢
to four different sled dog teams and yell, "Mush."
different: 不同的 sled: 雪橇 yell: 大声喊
分别绑在四个狗拉雪橇上然后大喊"驾~"。
Look, we kept the original data.
keep: 保存 original: 原始的 data: 数据
我们还保留了原始数据,
You can still blishthe actual results.
actual: 实际的,真正的 result: 结果
你可以得出真正的结论。
-Sheldon: Yes, but the actual results are unsuccessful
actual: 实际的 unsuccessful: 不成功的
是的,但真实的结论是不成功的。
and I've already sent an e-mail to everyone at the university
already: 已经 university: 大学
我已经给学校的每个人发了邮件
explaining that I have confirmed string theory
explain: 解释 confirm: 确认 string: 弦 theory: 原理,理论
告诉他们我已经确认了弦理论,
and forever changed man's understanding of the universe.
forever: 永远 understanding: 认知,了解 universe: 宇宙
并且永远改变了人们对宇宙的看法。
-Leonard: Aw, see, yeah, you probably shouldn't have done that.
probably: 也许
哦,看吧,你也许根本就不该那么做。
So write another e-mail. Set the record straight.
set: 设置;调整好 record: 报告 straight: 坦率的,正直的,正确的
那就再写一封电子邮件,纠正一下。
It's no big deal.
deal: 交易,协议 big deal: 重要的事
没什么重要的。
-Sheldon: You're right, Leonard.
你说得对,Leonard。
It's not a big deal.
没什么重要的。
All you did was lie to me, destroy my dream
lie: 撒谎 destroy: 毁灭 dream: 梦想
你所做的就是对我撒谎,摧毁我的梦想,
and humiliate me in front of the whole university.
humiliate: 侮辱 in front of: 在……面前 whole: 整个 university: 大学
在全校师生面前侮辱我。
That, FYI, was sarcasm.
FYI=for your information: 供参考 sarcasm: 讽刺的话
那个,你要知道,是反话。
I, in fact, believe it is a big deal.
in fact: 实际上
我实际上觉得这很重要。
-Penny: Oh, the poor thing.
poor: 可怜的
噢,可怜的家伙。
-Leonard: Yeah, I feel terrible.
terrible: 很糟的,极差的
对啊,真糟糕。
-Penny: Wait. Aren't you going to go talk to him?
等等,你不去和他谈谈吗?
-Leonard: What? Uh, he'll be fine.
什么? 额,他会没事的。
The guy's a trouper. Come here.
trouper: 演员,戏团演员,老练演员
那家伙很会演戏,过来。
-Penny: No, you're right... you shouldn't talk to him.
对,你说得对,你不应该跟他谈。
I will.
我去。
-Leonard: Man, I cannot catch a break.
catch a break: 意外的好运。
我真是倒霉。
-Penny: Hey.
嘿。
Do you want to talk?
你想谈谈吗?
-Sheldon: About what?
谈什么?
Being betrayed by my friends?
betray: 背叛
被朋友背叛?
Spending three months at the North Pole for nothing?
spend: 花费(时间,金钱) north pole: 北极
在北极待了三个月却一无所获?
And I didn't even get to go to Comic-Con!
comic: 动漫
而且连动漫大会我都没去成!
-Penny: Uh...
哦...
Soft kitty, warm kitty...
软软的小猫,暖暖的小猫...
-Sheldon: That's for when I'm sick. Sad is not sick.
sick: 生病的 sad: 难过
那是我病了的时候唱的,难过又不是生病。
-Penny: Oh. Sorry.
噢,抱歉。
I don't know your sad song.
我不知道你的难过时的歌。
-Sheldon: I don't have a sad song. I'm not a child.
我没有难过时的歌,我又不是小孩子。
-Penny: Well, you know, I do understand what you're going through.
understand: 了解 go through: 经历
你知道吗,我真的很理解你现在的心情。
-Sheldon: Really?
是吗?
Did you just have the Nobel Prize in Waitressing
waitress: 女服务员
你的诺贝尔女服务生奖
stolen from you?
stolen(seal的过去完成时): 偷盗
刚被偷了吗?
-Penny: Well, no, but when I was a senior in high school,
senior: 高级 senior high school: 高中 junior high school: 初中
没有,但是我在高中三年级的时候
one of my friends heard
我的一个朋友听说
I was going to be named head cheerleader.
name: 任命 head cheerleader: 拉拉队队长
我会被任命为拉拉队队长,
Oh, I was so excited.
excited: 兴奋的
噢,我好兴奋啊。
My mom even made me a celebration pie.
celebration: 庆祝 pie: 派
我妈妈还给我做了一个庆祝馅饼。
Then they named stupid Valerie Mobacher head cheerleader.
name: 任命 stupid: 愚蠢的
然后他们任命了愚蠢的Valerie Mobacher
Big ol' slutbag.
slutbag=bitch: 贱人
那个又老又胖的贱人
-Sheldon: Are you saying
你是说
that you think a "celebration pie"
你认为一个 "庆祝馅饼"
is even remotely comparable to a Nobel Prize?
even: 等同的,相等的 remotely: 极小地,极细微地 comparable: 可相提并论的
居然可以和诺贝尔奖相提并论?
-Penny: Well, they're pretty tasty.
pretty: 很 tasty: 美味的,可口的
馅饼很好吃。
-Sheldon: And on a different, but not unrelated topic,
unrelated: 不相关的 topic: 话题
考虑到你努力让我打起精神换个并不是不相关的话题
based on your current efforts to buoy my spirits,
base on: 基于 current: 现在的 effort: 努力 buoy: 振奋…的精神,鼓励 spirit: 精神
我换个并不是不相关的话题。
do you truly believe that you were ever fit to
truly: 真的 be fit to: 合适做……
你是不是真的以为
be a cheer leader?
你合适做拉拉队队长?
-Penny: Look, Sheldon, I just don't think
听我说,Sheldon 我只是觉得
that the guys and Leonard really meant to hurt you.
meant to do: 有意做 hurt: 伤害
Leonard他们不是有意要伤害你。
You know? They just told an unfortunate lie
tell: 告诉 unfortunate: 不幸的,不合适的 lie: 谎言
你知道吗? 他们只是在解决困难时
to deal with a difficult situation.
deal with: 处理 difficult: 困难的 situation: 形式
撒了一个不合适的谎。
Okay, you know what it's like?
好吧,你知道这就像什么吗?
Remember that scene in the new Star Trek movie
scene: 场景 star trek: 星际旅行 movie: 电影 trek: 艰苦跋涉,徒步旅行
还记得新"星际迷航"电影里的场景吗?
when Kirk has to take over the ship,
take over: 接管 ship: 船
当Kirk必须接管那艘船时
so he tells Spock all that stuff he knew wasn't true,
tell: 告诉 stuff: 东西(这里指谎言)
他对Spock撒了些谎,
like saying Spock didn't care his mom died?
care: 关心 died: 死亡
比如他说Spock不在乎他妈妈的死。
-Sheldon: I missed Comic- Con and the new Star Trek movie!
miss: 错过 comic: 动漫
我错过了动漫大会和新"星际迷航"电影!
-Rajesh: I like the new look.
look: 样子
我喜欢你的新造型。
-Howard: Thanks.
谢谢。
I call it "the Clooney".
我把它叫做 "克鲁尼"。
-Rajesh: I call it "the Mario and Luigi" but whatever.
Mario: 马里奥 luigi: 路易吉 Mario and Luigi: 玛丽兄弟(一部游戏) whatever: 无论什么
我觉得像"玛丽兄弟" 不过都一样。
Hey, how's Sheldon doing?
嘿 Sheldon怎么样?
-Leonard: Well, he came out of his room this morning wearing his Darth Vader helmet
come out of: 从……中走出 wear: 穿,戴 Darth vader: 黑武士 helmet: 头盔
哦,今天早上出了房门带着黑武士达斯·达的头盔。
and tried to choke me death with the fork, so I'd say, "well, a little better."
try to: 试图做 choke: 窒息 fork: 餐叉 better: 更好的
试图用神力让我窒息而死,所以我想 "应该好些了"。
-Howard: If I may abruptly change the subject,
abruptly: 冒失的 subject: 话题
抱歉我要换个话题。
did you and Penny finally... you know.
finally: 最终
你和Penny最后做... 你知道的。
-Leonard: Howard...
Howard...
-Howard: Personally, I don't care,
personally: 就个人而言;就个人意见 care: 关心
我本人并不关心,
but my genitals wanted me to ask.
genital: 生殖器的
但是我的生殖器想打听来着。
-Leonard: Well, tell your genitals
转告你的生殖器
what I do with Penny is none of their business.
none of one’s business: 不管……的事
我跟Penny做没做与它无关。
-Howard: He says they didn't do it.
他说了他们没做。
-Leonard: Sheldon, over here.
over here: 到这里来
Sheldon 这儿。
-Howard: What are you doing?
你在干嘛?
-Rajesh: I wanna feel bad for the guy.
feel bad for: 为……感到难过
我想表示我为他感到难过。
-Leonard: Sheldon, why are you sitting by yourself?
by oneself: 独自,一个人
Sheldon 你为什么一个人坐?
-Sheldon: Because I am without friends.
without: 没有
因为我没有朋友。
Like the proverbial cheese, I stand alone.
proverbial: 众所周知的,谚语的 alone: 独自地
就像寓言里的那块奶酪被孤立了,
Even while seated.
even: 尽管,虽然 seated: 坐着的
虽然我坐着。
-Leonard: Come on. We said we we’re sorry.
拜托,我们说了我们很抱歉。
-Sheldon: It's going to take more than an "I'm sorry"
more than: 不止
你们对我干的好事,可不是你说句"抱歉"
and a store-bought apology pie from Penny
apology: 抱歉 store-bought: 从商店里买的
或是Penny从店里买块饼谢罪
to make up for what you've done to me.
make up for: 弥补
就能弥补的。
-Guy: Hey, Cooper.
嘿,Cooper。
Read your retraction email.
retraction: 收回
你那封反悔的邮件我可是看了哦,
Way to destroy your reputation.
way to: 足够 destroy: 毁坏 reputation: 声誉
绝对会把你名声毁了的。
-Sheldon: You see?
你看见了吧?
People have been pointing and laughing at me all morning.
point: 指点 laugh at: 嘲笑
大家一个早上都对我指指点点,看我笑话。
-Guy: That's not true.
远远不止呢。
People have been pointing and laughing at you your whole life.
whole: 整个 life: 人生 point and laugh at: 对……指指点点
大家嘲笑的是你整个人生。
-Sheldon: All right, I've had enough.
好,我受够了。
Attention, everyone.
attention: 注意
大家,注意了,
I'm Dr.Sheldon Cooper.
我是Sheldon Cooper博士,
As many of you in the physics department might know,
physic: 物理 department: 部门,系
物理系大部分人都知道
my career trajectory has taken a minor tour.
career: 事业,职业 trajectory: 轨迹;轨道 minor: 低级的,次要的 tour: 游历,经历
我的事业目前有些偏离正轨。
-Guy: Off a cliff.
off: 偏离 cliff: 悬崖;峭壁
偏离得都掉到万丈悬崖了。
-Sheldon: My credibility may have been
credibility: 信誉,名誉
我的名誉可能已经
damaged.
damage: 破坏
被损害了。
-Guy: Completely wrecked.
wreck: 破坏,毁灭
完全被破坏了。
-Sheldon: But I would like to remind you that in science,
remind: 提醒
但是我要提醒你们的是
there's no such thing as failure.
failure: 失败
科学里没有失败这一说。
There once was a man who referred to his prediction
refer to: 提及,谈到 prediction: 预测
曾经有一个人把他对宇宙常数的预测
of a cosmological constant as the single "biggest blunder"
cosmological: 宇宙哲学的,宇宙论的 constant: 常量,常数 cosmological constant: 宇宙学常数;宇宙学恒量 single: 单一的 blunder: (因无知、粗心等造成)的错误
称为他职业生涯的 "弥天大错",
of his career. That man's name was...
那个人的名字是...
surprise, surprise... Albert Einstein.
真惊人啊阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦。
-Guy: Yeah, but research into Dark Energy
research: 研究 dark energy: 暗能量
没错,但是关于暗能量的研究证明了
proved that Einstein's cosmological constant
prove: 证明 cosmological constant: 宇宙学常数;宇宙学恒量
爱因斯坦的宇宙常数
was actually right all along, so you're still...
all along: 一直
事实上一直都是正确的。所以你还是...
surprise, surprise... a loser.
真惊人啊... 一个失败者。
-Sheldon: Oh, you think you're so clever.
噢,你觉得你这么聪明。
Well, let me just tell you,
好,让我告诉你,
while I do not currently have a scathing retort,
scathing: (言词、文章)严厉的;尖刻的,不留情的 retort: 反驳
尽管我现在不能有力的反驳你,
you check your e-mail periodically for a doozy.
periodically: 定期的 doozy: 非常显眼的
你邮箱会定期收到一些奇特的东西的。
-Leonard: So much for our friendship with Sheldon.
friendship: 友情
我们和Sheldon的交情到此结束。
-Rajesh: Well. We'll always have the night when the heat went out.
go out: 熄灭,停止运转
我们会永远记得暖气坏掉的那个晚上
-Penny: hi.
嗨
-Leonard: Hey.
嘿
Listen, since we got, you know, interrupted last night,
since: 因为 interrupt: 打断
听我说,因为我们,你知道的昨晚被打断了。
I didn't have a chance to give you this.
have a chance to: 有机会做
所以我没有机会给你这个。
-Penny: Oh, Leonard, you shouldn't have.
噢,Leonard,不用这样的。
Oh, boy!
噢,哇!
What is it?
这是什么?
-Leonard: It's a snowflake
snowflake: 雪花
这是一片雪花
from the North Pole.
north pole: 北极
从北极带回来的
-Penny: Are you serious?
serious: 认真的,严肃的
你说真的?
-Leonard: Uh-huh.
嗯
It'll last forever.
last: 保持 forever: 永远
它可以一直保存
I preserved in a one percent solution
preserve: 保存 one percent: 百分之一 solution: 溶液
我把它保存在了百分之一的
of polyvinyl acetal resin.
polyvinyl: 乙烯聚合物的 acetal: 乙缩醛 resin: 树脂,松香
聚乙烯乙缩醛合成树脂溶液里
-Penny: Oh, my God.
噢,天哪。
That's the most romantic thing anyone's ever said to me
romantic: 浪漫的
这是我听不懂的话里面
that I didn't understand.
最浪漫的。
-Leonard: It's actually a pretty simple process.
actually: 其实 pretty: 非常 process: 过程
其实只是很简单的处理,
You see, cyanoacrylates are monomers which polymerize on...
cyanoacrylate: 氰基丙烯酸盐粘合剂 monomer: 单体 polymerize: (使)聚合
你看,氰基丙烯酸酯是一些单分子它们聚合在...
-Howard: Red alert, Leonard. Sheldon ran away.
alert: 警报 run away: 逃脱;离家
红色警报,Leonard Sheldon逃跑了。
-Leonard: Man, I cannot catch a break.
catch a break: 小憩一会;意外的好运
我连松口气都不行。
-Penny: So, how do you know he ran way?
那你们怎么知道他逃跑了?
-Howard: Well, he's not answering his phone,
喔,他不接电话,
he handed in his resignation at the university
hand in: 提交 resignation: 辞呈 university: 大学
他向学校提交了辞呈,
and he sent me a text that said, "I'm running away."
而且他给我发信息说 "我逃跑了"。
-Leonard: Okay, well, thanks for letting me know.
好,谢谢你们告诉我。
-Penny: Well, Leonard, aren't you going to do something?
Leonard,你不做点什么吗?
-Leonard: Of course I'm going to do something.
我当然要做点什么。
Uh, Howard, you check the comic book store.
check: 查看 comic: 漫画
额,Howard 你去漫画书店看一下,
Raj, go to the Thai restaurant.
Thai: 泰国的 restaurant: 餐馆
Raj 你去泰国餐馆,
I'll stay here with Penny in her apartment.
我就和Penny一起待在她公寓里。
Oh, damn it.
该死。
It's Sheldon's mother.
是Sheldon的妈妈,
A break cannot be caught.
就是不能让我消停嘛。
Hi, Mrs.Cooper.
你好 Cooper太太,
He is?
是吗?
Sheldon went home to Texas.
Sheldon回到他德克萨斯的家了。
Yeah, no, I know he resigned.
resign: 辞职
哦不我知道他辞职了
Yes...
是的...
I guess it's kind of our fault. No, no, no. You... you're right.
guess: 认为 kind of: 有点 fault: 错误
我想这是我们造成的,不对,不,不,你说的没错,
Someone needs to come talk to him.
是该有人和他谈谈
Don't worry, I'll take care of it.
take care of: 解决,照顾
别担心,我会来解决的。
Yeah. All right.
是的,好吧。
New plan.
新计划:
Howard, you and Raj go to Texas.
Howard 你和Raj去德克萨斯,
I'll stay here with Penny in her apartment.
我就和Penny一起待在她公寓里。
-Penny: Well, you're not gonna go with them?
你不和他们一起去?
-Leonard: Well, you know, I gave you the snowflake
你知道的,我给了你一片雪花。
and we were kissing and...
我们刚才还在接吻,然后...
Oh, come on. I don't want to go to Texas!
拜托,我才不想去德克萨斯!
-Howard: Oh, right, and I do? My people already crossed a desert once.
cross: 穿行 desert: 沙漠 once: 一次
哦,是吗,那我就想去? 我的人曾经穿行过沙漠(乔治克鲁尼电影"辛瑞那"情节)
We're done.
我们死定了。
-Leonard: Trust me, you'll be fine. See ya.
相信我。你不会有事的,再见了。
-Penny: Well, wait a second, Leonard, come on,
等一下,Leonard 别这样。
how can you not go? He's your best friend.
你怎么能不去呢? 他是你最好的朋友
-Leonard: Yeah, but I already saw him naked.
是啊,不过我都已经见过他裸体了。
Just come here.
来吧。
-Penny: No.
不要
I promise I will be here when you get back.
promise: 保证 get back: 回来
我保证,我会在家等你回来。
Just go help Sheldon.
去帮帮Sheldon吧。
-Leonard: Really?
真的?
-Penny: Yeah. We waited a few months.
嗯,我们都等了几个月了。
We can wait a few more days.
再等几天也没关系。
-Leonard: Maybe you can.
也许你觉得没关系。
-Penny: Go.
去吧。
-Rajesh: Boy, you cannot catch a break, can you?
哥们儿,你怎么就没个喘气的机会呢?
-Mrs Cooper: Here you go, Shelly.
给,Shelly。
-Sheldon: Thanks, mom.
谢谢,妈妈。
-Mrs Cooper: Hold your horses, young man.
hold: 按住,坚持住;停下;不要做
别那么猴急,年轻人,
Here in Texas, we pray before we eat.
pray: 祷告,祈祷
在德克萨斯,吃饭前要祈祷。
-Sheldon: Aw, mom.
噢,妈。
-Mrs Cooper: This is not California, land of the heathen.
heathen: 不信上帝的人,异教徒
这儿可不是在野蛮人的乐土,加州。
Give me.
把手给我,
By His hand we are all...
上帝的手喂养了...
-Sheldon: ...fed.
fed(fed的过去式): 喂养,为…提供食物
...我们。
-Mrs Cooper: Give us, Lord, our daily...
主啊,每日你赐予我们...
-Sheldon: ...bread.
...食物。
-Mrs Cooper: Please know that we are truly...
请相信我们万分...
-Sheldon: ...grateful.
grateful: 感恩的
...感恩。
-Mrs Cooper: For every cup and every...
感激每杯水每餐...
-Sheldon: - ...plateful.
...饭。
-Mrs Cooper: Amen.
阿门
Now, that wasn't so hard, was it?
也没那么难对吧?
-Sheldon: My objection was based on considerations
objection: 反对 base on: 基于…… consideration: 考虑
我反感的是祷文太罗嗦
other than difficulty.
other than: 绝不是
而不是因为念祷文本身难。
-Mrs Cooper: Whatever. Jesus still loves you.
随便吧上帝还是会爱你
-Sheldon: Thank you for carving a smiley face
carve: 雕刻
谢谢在我的烤干酪上
in my grilled cheese sandwich.
grilled: 烧烤的
刻的这个笑脸。
-Mrs Cooper: Oh, I know how to take care of my baby.
take care of: 照顾
我知道怎么照顾自己的孩子,
His eyes came out a little thin. But you can just pretend he's Chinese.
thin: 细 pretend: 假装
虽然他眼睛长得细小,但也不能把他当成中国人呀。
So, do you want to talk
那么,你想谈一谈,
about what happened with you and your little friends?
talk about: 谈论
你和你朋友们之间的事情吗?
-Sheldon: They're not my friends.
他们不是我的朋友
-Mrs Cooper: All right.
好吧。
If you recall, when you were little,
recall: 回忆起,回想
你还记不记得,你小时候
we sat right here at this very spot
right here: 就在这里 spot: 地点,场所
我们就坐在这里,
and we talked about some of the problems
talk about: 谈论 problem: 问题
谈论过一些你和邻居家的小孩们
you had getting along with the neighbor kids.
get along with: 和……相处 neighbor: 邻居 kid: 小朋友
相处上的一些问题。
-Sheldon: That was different.
那不一样。
They were threatened by my intelligence
threaten: 威胁 intelligence: 天才
他们被我的天才所威胁到,
and too stupid to know that's why they hated me.
stupid: 傻的,愚蠢的 hate: 讨厌
还蠢到不知道这就是他们讨厌我的原因。
-Mrs Cooper: Oh baby, they knew very well why they hated you.
噢,孩子,他们很清楚为什么讨厌你。
-Leonard: I can't believe you bought a red cowboy hat.
cowboy: 牛仔
难以置信你居然买了顶红色的牛仔帽。
-Howard: Hello? I'm wearing a red turtleneck.
turtleneck: 高领绒衣
喂,我可是穿了红色高领毛衣啊,颜色是配的。
Plus, it was the only boys' large they had.
plus: 而且
而且这是儿童尺寸里唯一一顶大号了
-Rajesh: I'm sorry, this does not look like Texas.
look like: 看起来像
不好意思,这里不像是德州啊,
Where's the tumbleweeds? Where's the saloons?
tumbleweed: 风滚草 saloon: 酒吧间
风滚草到哪去了? 酒吧又到哪去了?
-Leonard: Saloons?
酒吧?
-Rajesh: Yeah, like in the movies I saw growing up in India.
grow up: 长大
对啊,像我在印度时看着长大的那些电影里的
You know, uh, Four for Texas, Yellow Rose of Tex.
比如说,像德州四杰,德州黄玫瑰里面一样的。
-Howard: This neighborhood is more Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
neighborhood: 街区;附近;附近地区 chainsaw: 用链锯割 massacre: 残杀
这附近看上去更像德州电锯杀人狂电影里的场景。
-Rajesh: I was really hoping to see a cattle drive.
cattle: 牛 drive: 驱赶
我很想看赶牛。
-Leonard: What can I tell you?
该怎么跟你说呢?
They probably have steaks on sale
steak: 牛排 probably: 可能 on sale: 大减价
那边那个大的好又多超市里
at that big-ass Costco over there.
Costco: 美国“好市多”公司 over there: 在那里
可能有减价牛排卖。
-Leonard: Will you please take that stupid hat off?
take off: 摘下,脱下
你能不能把那顶蠢帽子摘下来?
-Howard: No, I want to blend in.
blend in: 融入
不,我想融入这里。
-Rajesh: To what? Toy Story?
toy story: 玩具总动员(电影)
融入哪里? 玩具店?
-Mrs Cooper: Hi, boys.
嗨,孩子们。
-Leonard: Howdy, ma'am.
你好(德州方言) ,太太。
-Mrs Cooper: Howdy to you, too. You got here quick...
你们好,你们来得真快...
-Leonard: We took the red-eye.
red-eye: 熬夜航班,红眼航班
我们搭了红眼航班。
-Mrs Cooper: Well, come on in.
快进来吧。
-Howard: Thank you kindly.
衷心感谢。
-Mrs Cooper: Can... Can I get you something to drink?
你们要不要喝点什么?
-Leonard: Uh, no, thank you.
不用了,谢谢。
-Howard: If you all don't mind,
mind: 介意
如果各位不介意的话,
I got a hankering for a Lone Star beer.
hanker after/for: 渴望得到;渴求
我很想来杯孤星啤酒(德州特产)。
-Mrs Cooper: There's no alcohol in this household.
alcohol: 酒精 household: 一家人,户
这里不允许喝酒。
Stop talking like that and lose the hat.
stop doing: 停止做某事 lose: 脱掉
别再那样说话,还有把那顶帽子脱掉。
-Howard: I'll take a diet Y-Hoo if you have it.
如果有的话我想来杯无糖的Y-Hoo。
-Mrs Cooper: You'll take a Cola.
我会给你杯可乐的。
What about you? Radge, isn't it?
isn’t it: (反义疑问句)不是吗
你呢? 你是叫Radge吧?
Oh, you still having trouble talking to the ladies?
have trouble doing: 不能做……
你还是不能和女性说话吗?
Because, you know, at our church,
church: 教堂
因为我们教堂里
we have a woman who's an amazing healer.
amazing: 神奇的 healer: 治愈者,医生
有个女神医,
Mostly she does, uh, crutch and wheelchair people,
mostly: 大多数 crutch: 拐杖 wheelchair: 轮椅
她治的一般都是那些拄拐杖和坐轮椅的人。
but I bet she'd be willing to te a shot at whatever
bet: 打赌 be willing to: 愿意做 whatever: 无论什么
但是我打赌不管你被第三世界的哪种魔鬼缠身,
Third World demon is running around inside of you.
demon: 恶魔 around: ……周围 inside of: 在……里面
她一定愿意试着对付一下。
-Leonard: Uh, if you don't mind, Mrs.Cooper,
如果你不介意的话 Cooper太太,
there's a 3:05 nonstop back to Los Angele
nonstop: 直飞
3:05有个直飞洛杉矶的航班,
and you have no idea how much I want to be on it.
have no idea: 不知道
您不会知道我多么想坐那架飞机。
-Mrs Cooper: A girl?
为了一个女孩子吗?
-Leonard: Uh, yes, ma'am.
是的夫人
-Mrs Cooper: Oh, good. I've been praying for you.
have been doing sth: 一直再做某事
太好了,我会一直为你祈祷的。
Oh, Sheldon.
噢 Sheldon。
-Sheldon: What are they doing here?
他们来这儿干嘛?
-Leonard: We came to apologize.
apologize: 道歉
我们是来道歉的。
-Howard: Again.
再次道歉。
-Leonard: And bring you home.
bring: 带回
还有接你回家。
So, why don't you pack up your stuff and we'll head back.
pack up: 收拾 stuff: 东西 head back: 回去
你快点收拾东西,赶紧跟我们回去吧。
-Sheldon: No, this is my home now.
不,现在这里就是我家。
Thanks to you, my career is over.
career: 事业 over: 结束
多亏了你们,我的事业结束了。
and I will spend the rest of my life here in Texas.
spend: 花费 rest: 剩余的
而我将在德克萨斯度过余生,
trying to teach evolution to creationists.
evolution: 进化 creationist: 神创论者
向神创论者传授进化论。
-Mrs Cooper: You watch your mouth, Shelly.
watch one’s mouth: 注意说的话
注意你说的话 Shelly,
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
entitled to: 有…的资格;有权 opinion: 看法
每个人都有权拥有自己的看法。
-Sheldon: Evolution isn't an opinion, it's fact.
opinion: 看法 fact: 事实
进化论不是一种看法而是一个事实
-Mrs Cooper: And that is your opinion.
opinion: 看法,意见
而那是你的看法。
-Sheldon: I forgive you. Let's go home.
forgive: 原谅
我原谅你们了,我们回家吧。
-Mrs Cooper: Don't tell me prayer doesn't work.
prayer: 祈祷者 work: 起作用
别对我说祈祷是没用的。
-Penny: How about that?
how about: ……怎么样?
怎么样?
-Leonard: I finally caught a break.
finally: 最终 catch a break: 交到好运
我终于时来运转了。
-Penny: Uh-huh.
嗯
-Leonard: You know how they say when friends have sex
你知道有人说朋友间上床的话,
it can get weird?
weird: 奇怪的
会感觉很奇怪?
-Penny: Sure.
当然。
-Leonard: Why does it have to get weird?
weird: 奇怪的
为什么非要觉得奇怪?
-Penny: I don't know.
不知道。
-Leonard: I mean, we were friends,
我是说,我们曾经是朋友,
and now we're more than friends.
more than: 不止
而现在不止是朋友,
We're whatever "this" is.
whatever: 不管怎样
我们就是现在这样,
But why label it, right?
label: 贴标签于(意思是搞清楚两人的关系)
但是为什么一定要说那么清楚呢,是吧?
I mean, it is what it is and...
我是说,就该顺其自然...
-Penny: Leonard?
Leonard?
-Leonard: Yeah?
嗯?
-Penny: It's weird.
weird: 奇怪的
感觉很奇怪
-Leonard: Totally.
totally: 完全地(表示肯定的)
没错。