面试英语:面试场上最忌讳的8个问题
时间:2013-07-05 00:23:57
(单词翻译:单击)
When they finish quizzing you,interviewers always ask, "So, do you have any questions?" That's your cue to show off your research with queries1 about the company's competitors, plans for growth, specific products,etc. But some questions can make you seem ill-prepared, overeager or disagreeable. Here are eight commonly asked bloopers.
面试官问完你问题之后,通常会说:“你有什么问题要问吗?”那个时候就该是表现你对这个公司做的功课的时候了,这个公司的竞争对手、增长计划,还有产品等等都可以是你提及的话题。不过,有一些问题会让你表现得准备不佳、过于急切或者不合时宜。以下八个问题是比较常见的比较忌讳的问题。
1. What, exactly, does your company do?
你们公司到底是做什么的?
Never pose questions that a library search could have answered.
通过图书馆检索就能解答的问题就不要提出来了。
2. What does the job pay?
这份工作的报酬是多少?
Avoid money discussions until the interviewer makes you an offer.
在面试官决定录用你之前避免谈及薪水问题。
3. How many vacation and personal days do you allow?
你们公司规定的假期有多少?
Makes you sound lazy--again, wait for the offer.
这个问题让人感觉你有点懒,也还是等到录用的时候再问。
4. How long will it take me to get promoted?
我要过多久才能升职?
Try a less
pushy2 version: "Can you describe what my career
advancement3 track might be like?"
换个不那么直接的问法:“您能描述一下我的职业进程会是怎样的吗?”
5. Is that your husband in the picture on your desk?
你桌上照片里的人是你丈夫吗?
Don't
initiate4 a personal discussion.Stick to questions about her career path.
不要谈论个人话题。主要谈论她职业生涯方面的问题。
6. What are you going to do about the poor performance of Product X?
对于某产品市面表现欠佳的问题,你们打算怎么应对?
Reframe the question
positively5. "What plans do you have to build sales for Product X?"
用比较积极的方式来问:“你们有什么促进某产品销量的计划吗?”
7. What's your company's track record on promoting women and minorities?
你们公司在为女性和少数民族员工提供升职机会方面做得怎么样?
A
legitimate6 question, but interviewers may worry that you'll sue if you don't advance quickly. Instead, check out the company' s reputation through the industry grapevine.
这是一个法律方面的问题,但面试官可能会担心如果你升职不够快的话就会起诉他们。与其这样做,不如通过行业内线来了解该公司的声誉。
8. So, when do I start?
那么,我什么时候开始上班呢?
A slightly
obnoxious7 quip. Don't invite yourself into the job.
这是个有点让人讨厌的问题。不要反客为主了。
分享到: