职场英文口语 第195期:建立关系网(5)
时间:2017-08-10 00:38:06
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Here's my business card should you want to call. 这是我的名片,你可以给我打电话。
So, some good work by Anna but there's more networking to be done. 安娜干得很好,但还要多建立一些关系网。
A conference is a good place for networking and for
catching1 up with your boss, too. 会议是建立关系网的好地方,也是和你的领导交谈的好地方。
Let's find out how Paul is getting on with Mr Socrates. It's a tough economic climate Paul. 让我们看看保罗和苏格拉底先生聊的怎么样了。保罗,现在经济形势很艰难。
We're already cutting out cookies in management meetings. Oh, gosh. 我们已经在管理会议上取消了饼干供应。上帝。
And now we're cutting staff. We've already lost Rachel – my favourite Sales
Executive2. 现在我们要裁员了。我们已经失去了瑞秋,我最喜欢的销售助理。
Ah yes, well, she was stealing the pens. Pens can be replaced but not people like her. Well… 是的,她偷笔。钢笔可以再买,但她这样的人就一去不再有了。那么……
But now it's time to reduce your team Paul – share the pain. Are you sure? Absolutely. 但现在轮到你的队伍裁员了,保罗,分担痛苦。你确定吗?当然。
By my calculations you need to be rid of one member of staff. 据我的计算,你要裁掉一名员工。
Oh… well let's not tell the team until we've had the awards ceremony.OK Paul. But it's in your hands to sort this out.
Crumbs3! 等到颁奖典礼之后再告诉成员吧。好的,保罗,但是要你来解决这件事。哎!
Ah yes, Tip Top Trading could be about to win a
prestigious4 award but how will this bad news go down with the team? 是的,Tip Top Trading 可能将要赢得一项大奖,但这个坏消息要怎么传达给团队呢?
And what is Paul going to do? Find out next time on English at Work. 保罗要怎么做?下次在职场英语里揭晓。
分享到: