赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第19期:初次偶遇
时间:2013-11-06 05:15:23
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
赖世雄旅游观光英语通教你学会观光旅游的各种对话、句子。
First encounter
初次偶遇
As Kathy and Evan walk down the hallway towards the money changer and car
rental1, a mother with a small child drops her purse.
当凯西和艾凡沿着信道走向兑换货币和租车的地方时,一个带着一名小孩的妈妈掉了她的皮包。
E:I'll get that for you, ma'am.
艾凡:太太,我来帮你捡。
W:Oh, how sweet! Thanks so much.
女士:哦,你真是太好心了!非常感谢你。
E:You're welcome. You really have a lot of things to take care of, especially with the little boy there.
艾凡:不用客气。你有好多东西得照料,尤其是还要照顾这个小男孩。
W:Yes, we're on our way to New York for the summer.
女士:你说的对,我们正要到纽约去过这个夏天。
E:What a coincidence! We're from New York.
艾凡:太巧了!我们是纽约来的。
W:Really! I'm from Amsterdam. This is my first time to go to America. I'm visiting relatives there, in Queens.
女士:真的!我是阿姆斯特丹市人。这次是我第一次去美国。我要去拜访那里的亲戚,他们住在皇后区。
E:That's a double coincidence! We're visiting your country for the first time, and you're visiting ours for the first time.
艾凡:这可是双料巧合了!我们是第一次来贵国观光,而你们也是第一次要去我们的国家观光。
W:I remember when I was your age, my husband and I traveled around Europe on our bicycles and stayed in
hostels2.
女士:我记得我在你们这个年纪的时候,我和我先生骑着自行车游遍欧洲,而且都住在青年旅社。
E:Bicycles! Really?
艾凡:自行车!真的吗?
W:Oh, yes. Especially here in Holland, everyone uses bicycles whenever they can.
女士:哦,没错。尤其是在荷兰这个国家,如果可能的话,每个人都会骑自行车代步的。
E:That's interesting. Well, we hope you have a wonderful time in New York. It's an exciting city.
艾凡:那真是有趣。我们希望你们在纽约玩得愉快。纽约是个令人兴奋的城市。
W:I've heard. And you two have a wonderful time here in Holland. Bye!
女士:我听说过。我也祝你们在荷兰玩得愉快!拜!
单词短语精讲:
1.encounter 偶遇 偶遇;遭遇(问题等)
例:Thounh we had a bYief encounter,I immediately liked Jasper and knew wecould become rood friends.
(虽然我们相识的时间很短,但我立即就喜欢上贾斯泊,并且知道我们川一以成为好朋友。)
Ann encountered hen ex-husband at the market vestendav.
(安昨天在市场和她的前夫相遇。)
Every time he encounteYrs a problem,he asks his anents for advice.
(他每次遇到问题,总是征询他父母的意见。)
2. take care of…照)硕……
例:We should take
cane3 of our panents when thev are in their old age.
(父母年老时,我们应该要照顾他们。)
3. on one's way to+地方名词在往……(地方)途中
例:On his wav to the ainpont,Jack witnessed a car accident.
(在他去机场途中,杰克目睹厂一起车祸。)
分享到: