回国
时间:2005-10-19 16:00:00
(单词翻译:单击)
A:Hey, Marco. I could probably go back to Canada next week.
嘿,Marco.我可能下周回加拿大。
B:Why? You don't like China?
为什么?不喜欢中国?
A:No. China is cool. I really like my stay in here.
不,中国很好,我很喜欢在这的日子。
B:Then why do you go back?
那为什么还要回去?
A:I haven't
decided1 yet. I mean my classes were cancled because of SARS. I've got nothing to do right now. This is like the best time to go back.
我还没决定呢。我是说由于非典我的课被取消了。现在也没什么事儿。是回家的最好时机。
B:Are you coming back?
还回来么/
A:Yes. I'll be staying there for about a monty. Then , I'll swith back.
回来。我在家呆大约一个月左右。然后就回来。
B:What can you do back at home?
在家能干点什么呢?
A:Nothing. Well the first 2 weeks could be exciting. You know I'd see all my friends and my family. But after that, things would be the same.
也没什么,头两周可能会很兴奋。你也知道,见我所有的朋友和家人。可之后日子就又回到原样了。
B:You can tell them what you have learned in China.
你可以告诉他们你在中国所学到的东西。
A:That's a good idea. Yeah. Why didn't I think of that? I'll be telling them the most impressive part about China.
是啊。我怎么没想到?我会告诉他们让我印象最深的东西。
B:What?
什么?
A:Bargining of course. You can get a 500-kuai coat for 200 kuai. It's more than half off. I'm sure they'll like it.
当然是砍价了。你可以花200块麦500块的衣服。比半价还便宜。我肯定他们会喜欢的。
B:And tell them how many times you've got ripped off.
同时也告诉他们你被宰了多少次。
A:I'm still learning anyway. And now I'm sure no one could rip me off.
我还在学呢。不过现在我肯定没人能宰我了。
B:Really? How much did you pay for your watch battery?
真的?你手表的电池多少钱换的?
A:80 kuai
八十。
B:See. That's a rip-off.
看,还是挨宰了吧。
A:Hey, Marco. That's in Wnagfujing. And that seems to be the only place.
嘿,Marco.那可是在王府井。并且那家是唯一的一家。
B:So you got ripped off again. Never say never in China.
你又被宰了。在中国可别说永远两个字。
Attention Please…特别提醒
[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]
[1]I'm sure no one could rip me off. Rip someone off意思是宰客,敲竹杠。如:I was ripped off.我被宰了一刀。而rip-off则表示花冤枉钱买来的东西。如:What? You paid 30 for the crap? That's a rip-off.
[2] How much did you pay for your watch battery?你手表的电池多少钱换的?一般老外们不会问这种问题。他们觉得这属于个人隐私。这里Marco和他的外国朋友关系不错,所以老外并不介意。
Related Words…相关词汇
以下这些词并未给出汉语意思,你可以试着用我们学到的英语问问外教它们的意思
[ ie:What does "***"mean?"***"是什么意思?]
dollar store garage sale yard sale fleamarket buy 1, get 1 free.
分享到: