最近忙什么呢
时间:2005-10-20 16:00:00
(单词翻译:单击)
A:Hello,Modern English .Wendy speaking.
你好,洋话连篇。我是Wendy
B:Hey Wendy,This is Jason.
嘿,Wendy,我是Jason.
A:Jason!!!Where have you been hiding lately?You know, It's been a long time since your last call.Been good?
Jason!!!你最近躲到哪里去了?你知道,从上次打电话已经有好久了。最近好不好?
B:Yes.How are you ,Wendy?
很好。你怎么样,Wendy?
A:I'm fine.What have you been doing?
我很好。最近你忙什么呢?
B:Working. I've been really busy these days.I got a
promotion1.
工作。这些天我特忙,我升职了。
A:That's great,Break a leg.
太好了,恭喜恭喜。
B:Thanks. I'm feeling good about myself too. You know,bigger office,a raise and even an
administrative2 assistant.
谢谢。我也挺自我感觉良好的。你知道,办公室大了,加了薪水,甚至还有个秘书。
A:That's good.So I guess I'll have to make an appoint to see you.
不错。我猜我要见你的话得预约了。
B:You're kidding.
开玩笑。
A:How long have you been working there?
你在那家公司干多久了?
B:A bit over 2 years.This is a fast-moving company, and seniority isn't the only factor in deciding
promotions3.
两年多一点。这是一家发展很快的公司。资历在这不是决定升职的唯一标准。
A:How do you like your new boss?
你的新老板怎么样?
B:She's very nice and open-minded.
她人很好,也很开放。
A:Much better than the last one,huh?
比上一个好多了,是吧?
B:He was a real slave-driver.He probably would have loved it if we were robots.
上一个真是个奴隶主。他简直把我们当机器人了。
A:[Chuckles]Forget about himCome over to my house tonight.Let's get drunk,
[笑]忘了他吧。今完到我家来。咱们一醉方修。
B:Good,Tonight,8 o'clock.
好的。今晚八点。
A:8 it is.See you then.
说定了,回见。
B:Bye.
再见。
Attention Please…特别提醒
[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]
[1]break a leg.祝贺。千万不要以为你的朋友想弄断你的腿。他们是在用反话来表示祝贺。和有关的词组还有一个也很常用。Shake a leg.表示快点儿。别磨蹭。
[2]He was a real slave-driver. Slave-driver是奴隶监工。这里引申一下,就是指把员工当奴隶用的那些老板。
Related Words…相关词汇
以下这些词汇并未给出汉语意思,你可以试着用我们学到的英语问问老外它们的意思
[ie:What does "***"mean? "***"是什么意思?]
hard boss eat,drink and sleep our job slack
分享到: