TED演讲 第7期:如何不对世界感到无知(2)
时间:2018-09-30 02:12:41
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
You were beaten by the chimps1. 你们被黑猩猩打败了。
But it was close. 但很接近了。
You were three times better than the Swedes,but that's not enough. 你们的正确率比瑞典人高了三倍但这还不够。
You shouldn't compare yourself to Swedes. 你们不应该拿自己跟瑞典人比。
You must have higher ambitions in the world. 你们对于世界的野心肯定不止于此。
Let's look at the next answer here: women in school. 来看下一个答案 女性所受的学校教育。
Here, you can see men went eight years. 这里 你可以看到男性是八年。
How long did women go to school? 女性所受的学校教育年限是?。
Well, we asked the Swedes like this,and that gives you a hint, doesn't it? 瑞典人是这么回答的。你从这里能总结出规律了是吧。
The right answer is probably the one the fewest Swedes picked, isn't it? 正确的答案很可能是最少瑞典人选择的那个 对吧。
Let's see, let's see. Here we come. 咱们来看看开始。
Yes, yes, yes, women have almost caught up. 没错,没错,女性几乎赶上了。
This is the U.S. public. 这是美国公众的选择。
And this is you. Here you come. 然后这里是你们的选择 请看。
Well, congratulations, you're twice as good as the Swedes, but you don't need me a” So how come? 祝贺大家 你们的正确率比瑞典人高一倍。但是你们不需要我来怎么会这样?
I think it's like this, that everyone is aware that there are countries and there are areas where girls have great difficulties. 我想这是因为大家都知道在有些国家。有些地区女孩子们依然处于巨大的困境之中。
They are stopped when they go to school,and it's disgusting. 她们不被允许去学校这是令人无法接受的。
But in the majority of the world,where most people in the world live,most countries, girls today go to school as long as boys, more or less. 但是在世界上的大部分地方。在大部分人生活的地区绝大多数国家女孩子们上学的时间和男孩子们一样长或多或少。
That doesn't mean that
gender2 equity3 is achieved, not at all. 这并不意味着男女平等已经实现了。完全不是。
They still are confined to terrible, terrible limitations, but
schooling4 is there in the world today. 她们依然受到许多严重的束缚,但学校教育已经成为了主流。
Now, we miss the majority. 现在我们忽略了大多数情形。
When you answer, you answer according to the worst places,and there you are right, but you miss the majority. 当你回答问题时 你以最差的情形为依据,这并不意味着你错了 但是你把大多数情形给忽略了。
What about poverty? 关于贫困呢?。
Well, it's very clear that poverty here was almost halved,and in U.S., when we asked the public,only five percent got it right. 非常明显。贫困率几乎减半。然而在美国 但我们向公众提问时只有5%的人回答正确。
And you? 那你们呢?
Ah, you almost made it to the chimps. 差一点就跟黑猩猩一样了。
That little, just a few of you! 一点点,就差你们中的一小部分人!
There must be preconceived ideas, you know. 先入为主的观念是一定存在的。
And many in the rich countries,they think that oh, we can never end extreme poverty. 很多富裕国家都认为我们永远无法消除极端贫困。
Of course they think so,because they don't even know what has happened. 他们当然是这么认为的因为他们根本不知道发生了些什么。
The first thing to think about the future is to know about the present. 想要预知未来必须先了解现在。
These questions were a few of the first ones in the pilot phase of the Ignorance Project in Gapminder Foundation that we run. 以上这些问题是由我们负责的Gapminder基金会在无知项目的试运行阶段所提出的问题中的一部分。
and it was started, this project, last year by my boss, and also my son, Ola Rosling. 这个项目是在去年 由我的老板同时也是我的儿子 奥拉·罗斯林启动的。
He's cofounder and director, and he wanted,Ola told me we have to be more
systematic5 when we fight
devastating6 ignorance. 他是联合创始人兼总监。并且他想要奥拉告诉我我们在对抗惊人的无知的战斗中需要更具有系统性。
分享到: