TED演讲:医学的未来?也许是手机上的一个应用程序(5)
时间:2018-09-30 03:00:27
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
We use those in my field of bone marrow1 transplantation. 我们把这些干细胞用于骨髓移植领域。
Geron, just last year, started the first trial using human
embryonic3 stem cells to treat
spinal4 cord injuries. 杰龙去年开始第一次尝试用人类的胚胎干细胞治疗脊髓疾病。
Still a Phase I trial, but evolving. 仍在试验阶段,但是不断进展。
We've been actually using adult stem cells now in clinical trials for about 15 years to approach a whole range of topics, particularly in cardiovascular disease. 我们已经应用成体干细胞在临床试验大约15年了,在不同的课题,尤其是心血管病。
We take our own bone marrow cells and treat a patient with a heart attack, 我们取出自己的骨髓细胞治疗心脏病人,
we can see much improved heart function and actually better survival using our own bone marrow drive cells after a heart attack. 我们可以看到心脏功能改善了并且存活率提高了在心脏病发作后用我们自己的骨髓细胞。
I invented a device called the MarrowMiner, 我发明了一种装置叫骨髓采集器MarrowMiner,
a much less invasive way for harvesting bone marrow. 一种温和得多的收集骨髓的方式。
It's now been FDA approved, 它已经被FDA认证,
and it'll hopefully be on the market in the next year or so. 将会在一两年内投放市场。
Hopefully you can appreciate the device there curving through the patient's body and removing the patient's bone marrow, 希望你能重视这种装置,它沿着患者的身体曲线获取患者的骨髓,
instead of with 200
punctures6, with just a single
puncture5 under local anesthesia. 以前需要200次穿刺,现在在局部麻醉的情况下只要一次穿刺。
But where is stem cell therapy really going? 但是干细胞治疗的前景会怎样?
If you think about it, every cell in your body has the same
DNA7 as you had when you were an
embryo2. 如果你考虑一下,身体里的每个细胞有同样的DNA在你还是胚胎的时候就形成了。
We can now reprogram your skin cells 我们现在能重新构造你的皮肤细胞
to actually act like a pluripotent embryonic stem cell 就像一个多能的胚胎干细胞,
and to
utilize8 those potentially to treat multiple organs in that same patient making your own personalized stem cell lines. 利用这种技术可能治疗同一个患者的多个器官制造你自己个人化的干细胞系。
And I think they'll be a new era of your own stem cell
banking9 to have in the freezer your own cardiac cells, 我认为这将是你自己干细胞库的新时代把你自己的心肌细胞存放在冰箱中,
myocytes and
neural10 cells to use them in the future, should you need them. 还可以是肌肉细胞和神经细胞在你将来需要它们的时候用。
And we're integrating this now with a whole era of
cellular11 engineering, 我们现在集成这些技术作为一整个细胞工程学时代。
and integrating exponential technologies for
essentially12 3D organ printing replacing the ink with cells and essentially building and reconstructing a 3D organ. 集成指数技术对于3D器官复制,用细胞替代墨水最终重建一个3D器官。
That's where things are going to head -- still very early days. 这是未来的展望;仍然在初始阶段。
But I think, as
integration13 of exponential technologies, 但是我认为,作为指数技术集成,
this is the example. 这是一个例子。
So in close, as you think about technology trends and how to impact health and medicine, 近期,当你考虑技术趋势怎样影响健康和医学,
we're entering an era of miniaturization, 我们正进入小型化
decentralization and personalization. 分散化和个性化时代。
And I think by pulling these things together, 我认为把这些特性结合在一起,
if we can start to think about how to understand and
leverage14 these, 如果我们能开始思考怎样了解和利用这些技术,
we're going to empower the patient, 我们将会使患者恢复地更好,
enable the doctor, enhance wellness and begin to cure the well before they get sick. 医生更有能力,增强福利防患于未然。
Because I know as a doctor, if someone comes to me with Stage I disease, 因为作为医生我知道,如果某人在患病初期找到我,
I'm thrilled -- we can often cure them. 我很高兴--我们通常能治愈他们。
But often it's too late and it's Stage III or IV cancer, for example. 但是经常太晚了,比方说癌症3期或者4期。
I think we'll enter a new era that I like to call Stage 0 medicine. 我认为我们将进入一个新时代我愿意叫它零阶段医学。
And as a cancer doctor, I'm looking forward to being out of a job. 作为一名癌症医生,我期待失业。
Thanks very much. 非常感谢。
Host: Thank you. Thank you. 主持人:谢谢。谢谢。
Take a bow. Take a bow. 鞠躬。鞠躬。
分享到: