TED演讲:康复理疗太枯燥无趣了-不如来玩游戏吧(2)
时间:2018-09-30 03:01:36
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
We started building MIRA, A P.C. software platform that uses this Kinect device, a motion capture camera, 我们开始写MIRA,这是个PC机上的软件平台,使用Kinect感应器
to transform traditional exercises into video games. 将传统的复健练习转化成视频游戏。
My physical therapist has already set up a schedule for my particular therapy. 我的复健理疗师已为我设好了理疗计划。
Let's see how this looks. 我们看看它是怎样进行的。
The first game asks me to fly a bee up and down 第一个游戏要我操作一只蜜蜂飞高飞低
to gather
pollen1 to deposit in beehives, 采集花粉存进蜂巢。
all while avoiding the other
bugs2. 同时要避开其他的昆虫。
I control the bee by doing elbow extension and flexion, 我通过伸直和弯曲手肘来控制蜜蜂,
just like when I was seven years old after the cast was taken off. 就和我七岁那年拆了石膏后的情形一样。
When designing a game, we speak to physical therapists at first to understand what movement patients need to do. 设计游戏时,我们首先和理疗师们探讨,弄清楚病人需要做哪些运动。
We then make that a video game to give patients simple, motivating objectives to follow. 然后我们再把它做成视频游戏,让病人能有简化的目标,激励他们持续练习。
But the software is very customizable, 这个软件可以根据客户要求定制,
and physical therapists can also create their own exercises. 理疗师们也可以建立他们自己的理疗训练。
Using the software, my physical therapist recorded herself performing a shoulder abduction, 使用这个软件,我的理疗师录下了她自己做肩部伸展的运动的过程,
which is one of the movements my mom had to do when she had frozen shoulder. 这是我妈妈患肩周炎接受治疗时,其中一个必须做的练习动作,
I can follow my therapist's example on the left side of the screen, 我可以看屏幕左边,跟着理疗师做动作,
while on the right, I see myself doing the recommended movement. 在屏幕右边,我可以看到我自己的动作。
I feel more engaged and confident, 这样我觉得更有信心,也更投入,
as I'm exercising alongside my therapist with the exercises my therapist thinks are best for me. 因为我有理疗师在身边陪着,练习着她认为我最应该做的复健动作。
This basically extends the application for physical therapists to create whatever exercises they think are best. 这基本上扩展了理疗师们的治疗手段,让他们可以建立任何他们认为恰当的复健练习。
This is an
auction3 house game for preventing falls, 这里是一个拍卖会游戏,作用是预防跌倒,
designed to strengthen muscles and improve balance. 它能强壮肌肉和提高平衡感。
As a patient, I need to do sit and stand movements, 假设我是病人,我需要完成坐下和起立的动作,
and when I stand up, 当我站起来时,
I bid for the items I want to buy. 我就出价一次,竞标我想买的,
In two days, my grandmother will be 82 years old, 还有两天,我的外祖母就满82岁了,
and there's a 50 percent chance for people over 80 to fall at least once per year, 80岁以上的老人们有50%的几率一年会跌倒一次或者更多次,
which could lead to a broken
hip4 or even worse. 这会让他们摔伤髋部,或者更糟。
Poor muscle tone and
impaired5 balance are the number one cause of falls, 缺乏健康肌群和平衡感变差是造成跌倒的头号原因,
so reversing these problems through targeted exercise, 所以通过设定目标的锻炼来扭转这一状况,
will help keep older people like my grandmother safer and independent for longer. 能够让像我祖母一样的老人们更加安全和独立。
分享到: