TED演讲:格格不入者的心声(8)
时间:2018-10-06 00:31:27
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
In it are the stories of how many times I've had to reinvent a self from the ruins of my choices, 书里讲述的是我如何在人生选择的废墟中重生的故事。
the stories of how my seeming failures were really just weird-ass portals to something beautiful. 书里讲述的是那些我的失败如何奇迹般地通向美好的故事。
All I had to do was give voice to the story. 我要做的就是让大家听到我的故事。
There's a myth in most cultures about following your dreams. 每一种文化中都有追梦的神话,
It's called the hero's journey. 大多数叫做英雄之路。
But I prefer a different myth, that's slightly to the side of that or
underneath1 it. 不过我更喜欢另一种神话,一种过程不同,不为人所知的神话,
It's called the misfit's myth. 叫做不适者的神话。
And it goes like this: 它是这样的:
even at the moment of your failure, right then, you are beautiful. 即使那时候你失败了,失败的你也是美好的。
You don't know it yet, but you have the ability to reinvent yourself endlessly. 你可能没有发觉那个不断地试图重生的你
That's your beauty. 是最美丽的。
You can be a drunk, you can be a
survivor2 of abuse, 你可以醉酒,你可以从虐待中逃脱出来,
you can be an ex-con, you can be a homeless person, 你可以有前科,你可以无家可归,
you can lose all your money or your job or your husband or your wife, or the worst thing of all, a child. 你可以失去所有的钱,工作甚至另一半,或者最难过的莫过于,你失去了你的孩子,
You can even lose your marbles. 甚至失去理智。
You can be
standing3 dead center in the middle of your failure 你站在失败的正中心,
and still, I'm only here to tell you, you are so beautiful. 此时我要告诉你,你是那么美好。
Your story deserves to be heard, 你的故事应该被大家听到
because you, you rare and phenomenal misfit, 因为你是稀有的,是独特的,是独一无二的,
you new species, are the only one in the room who can tell the story the way only you would. 这个屋子里只有你可以用只有你才会的方式来讲述你的故事。
And I'd be listening. Thank you. 而我会静静地聆听。谢谢。
分享到: