TED演讲:我在战火纷飞的加沙做报道(5)
时间:2018-10-06 00:35:33
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
When my children were small and we heard the sound of the war, 我的孩子们还很小时,每当我们听到战争的声音
I used to tell them that they were fireworks. 我都会告诉他们,那是烟火。
Now they are older, they understand. 但他们现在长大了,他们懂了。
especially these lifeless bodies of young children. 尤其是那些失去生命的年轻人的尸体。
I still remember a little girl, her name is Hala. 我仍记得一个小女孩,她的名字叫Hala。
She's the only
survivor3 from her family. 她是她家唯一的幸存者。
Her picture will be with me forever. I will never forget her. 她的样子我会永远记得,我忘不了她。
I'm proud that I can stand here and be here today with you. 我很骄傲,我可以站在这里,在这里和你们在一起
I'm proud that I can tell you stories, sad and happy, stories about my small corner of the world, Gaza. 我很骄傲,我可以告诉你们这些故事,悲伤的和快乐的,关于我们那个世界小角落,加沙,那儿的故事。
I'm proud that I am the first
female4 fixer working in Gaza. 我很骄傲,我是在加沙工作的第一个女性fixer。
And the funny thing is they call me Mr. Rambo in Gaza. 有趣的是,在加沙,他们叫我Mr. Rombo
I hope one day, I will get the chance to tell the stories of all other women, 我希望有一天,我可以有机会讲述所有其他女性的故事
all other amazing women I know in my country. 所有我知道的在我国家的其他惊人的女性,
I hope that one day I can help other women in my country to be fixers like me. 我希望有一天,我能帮助我的国家的其他女性,成为和我一样的fixer
And of course sometimes, I feel I can't do this work anymore, it's just too much for me. 当然有时候,我会觉得我再也不能做这份工作了,对我来说这太多了。
But I remember these words: "Don't limit your
challenge5, but challenge your limit. 但我会想起这句话:不要限制你的挑战,而是挑战你的极限,
Don't allow others to stand in front of your dreams." Thank you. 不要让其他人凌驾于你的梦想之上。谢谢你们。
分享到: