TED演讲:性格的迷思--你究竟是谁(4)
时间:2018-10-06 00:39:02
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Let me explain. 下面我来解释一下。
And that stimulation can be achieved by finding things that are exciting: 这种刺激可以是令人兴奋的事:
loud noises, parties and social events here at
TED3 -- you see the extroverts forming a magnetic core. 比如巨大的声响、热闹的聚会和TED这样的社交事件——你会发现外向者会形成一个磁性的内核。
They all gather together. And I've seen you. 他们会聚集到一起。所以我才会在这里遇见你们。
The
introverts4 are more likely to spend time in the quiet spaces up on the second floor, 而内向的人更喜欢上到二楼,找个安静的地方待着,
where they are able to reduce stimulation -- and may be misconstrued as being antisocial, 以减少外界刺激--这样做可能会被误认为不喜欢社交,
but you're not necessarily antisocial. 但其实这并不绝对。
It may be that you simply realize that you do better when you have a chance to lower that level of stimulation. 也许你只是单纯地知道自己在外界刺激较低的时候状态更好。
Sometimes it's an internal
stimulant5, from your body. 这也包括内在刺激,来自你的体内。
Caffeine, for example, works much better with extroverts than it does introverts. 比如说,咖啡因有时候对外向的人比内向的人更有效。
When extroverts come into the office at nine o'clock in the morning and say, "I really need a cup of coffee," 当外向者早上9点走进办公室说,“我需要一杯咖啡。”
they're not kidding -- they really do. 他们没开玩笑--他们是真需要。
Introverts do not do as well, particularly if the tasks they're engaged in -- 内向者就不会这么做,尤其是当他们正在干的活儿——
and they've had some coffee -- if those tasks are speeded, and if they're
quantitative6, 而且他们已经喝过咖啡了--如果这些活儿很急,而且有量化标准,
introverts may give the appearance of not being particularly quantitative. But it's a misconstrual. 内向者会表现得好像,这些活儿没有特别的量化标准。但这是一种误导。
So here are the consequences that are really quite intriguing: 因此我们能得出一些,非常有趣的结论:
we're not always what seem to be, and that takes me to my next point. 我们经常会表里不一,这就引出了我下一个观点。
分享到: