TED演讲:性格的迷思--你究竟是谁(9)
时间:2018-10-08 00:42:24
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
It relates to your kid -- you've been back three times to the hospital, 也许这事业跟孩子有关--你已经去医院三趟了,
and they still don't know what's wrong. Or it could be your mom. 医生们还是查不出你孩子的病因。或者生病的是你母亲。
And you'd been
acting1 out of character. These are free traits. 你会做一些跟你的性格不相符的事情。这些是可变的性格特点。
You're very agreeable, but you act disagreeably 你本和善可亲却表现得咄咄逼人,
to get something for your mom or your child. 让自己的母亲或者孩子得到及时治疗。
What are these free traits? 这些可变的性格特点到底是什么?
They're where were
enact4 a script in order to advance a core project in our lives. 那是我们演的一出戏,为了达成我们生命中最重要的目标。
And they are what matters. 而这才是最重要的。
Don't ask people what type you are; ask them, "What are your core projects in your life?" 不要问别人是什么性格的人,而要问他们,“你们生命中最重要的事是什么?”
And we enact those free traits. 然后我们身上的可变,性格特点就会被激发。
I'm an
introvert5, but I have a core project, which is to
profess6. I'm a professor. 我是一个内向的人,但我最重要的事业是教书。我是一名教授。
And I adore my students, and I adore my field. 我热爱我的学生,也热爱我的事业领域。
And I can't wait to tell them about what's new, what's exciting, what I can't wait to tell them about. 我总是迫不及待地想与他们分享那些新奇有趣的事情。
because at eight in the morning, the students need a little bit of humor, 因为早上8点,学生需要一点幽默,
a little bit of engagement to keep them going in
arduous8 days of study. 需要一点激励才能熬过一天紧张的学习。
But we need to be very careful when we act protractedly out of character. 但是当我们扮演其他性格的时候需要万分小心。
分享到: