TED演讲:树木之间如何交流(12)
时间:2018-10-08 01:22:42
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
First, we all need to get out in the forest. 首先,我们都得走出家门,走进森林。
We need to reestablish local involvement in our own forests. 我们需要重新使当地的居民融入到我们森林中去。
You see, most of our forests now are managed using a one-size-fits-all approach, 其实,现在我们的大部分林业实践采用的都是一体通用的方法,
but good forest
stewardship1 requires knowledge of local conditions. 但是优秀的森林管理员是需要具备关于当地环境情况的知识的。
Second, we need to save our old-growth forests. 第二,我们需要保护好我们的古老森林。
These are the repositories of
genes2 and mother trees and mycorrhizal networks. 保护好它们就是保护好了森林的基因库、保护好了母树和菌根网络。
So this means less cutting. I don't mean no cutting, but less cutting. 这就意味着我们需要减少砍伐。我不是说不伐树了,而是少伐。
And third, when we do cut, we need to save the
legacies3, 第三,当我们伐木时,我们需要保护森林的“遗产”——
the mother trees and networks, and the wood, the genes, 母树和菌根网络,还有树干和基因,
so they can pass their wisdom onto the next generation of trees 这样它们就能把它们的智慧传给下一代的树木,
so they can withstand the future stresses coming down the road. 这样整个森林就能禁得起未来将会面对的重重困难了。
We need to be conservationists. 我们都需要做自然环境保护者。
And finally, fourthly and finally, 最后,第四点,也是最后一点,
we need to
regenerate4 our forests with a diversity of species 我们需要通过人工种植和自然再生的方式,
and genotypes and structures by planting and allowing natural regeneration. 增加森林的物种多样性、基因型多样性和结构多样性。
We have to give Mother Nature the tools she needs to use her intelligence to self-heal. 我们需要给大自然母亲她需要的工具,好让她用自己的智慧来进行自愈。
And we need to remember that forests aren't just a bunch of trees 我们需要明白森林不仅仅是一堆树在互相竞争,
competing with each other, they're supercooperators. So back to
Jigs5. 它们是无比优秀的合作者。让我们的话题回到吉格斯。
Jigs's fall into the outhouse showed me this other world, and it changed my view of forests. 那次吉格斯掉进了坑里的经历让我见识到了另一个世界,而这件事完全改变了我对森林的看法。
I hope today to have changed how you think about forests. Thank you. 我希望今天我也能改变你们的一些关于森林的印象。谢谢。
分享到: