TED演讲:献给所有迷失在这个时代的人(4)
时间:2018-10-08 08:26:43
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
I did notice the news about those parts of London becoming ghost quarters, 我注意到了那些关于伦敦市区空洞化的新闻,
where the global super-rich turn
fishy1 money into empty apartments 在那儿,世界级富豪把现钱变为空洞公寓,
and price lifelong residents of a city, young couples starting out, out of their own home. 为城市定居居民定价,年轻夫妇从这儿离开,离开他们本来的家。
And I heard that the
fabric2 of your life was tearing. 我听说是眼泪编织了你们的生活。
You used to be able to count on work, and now you couldn't. 你们曾经能指着工作过日子,而现在不行了。
You used to be able to nourish your children, 你们曾经能富养你们的孩子,
and guarantee that they would climb a little bit further in life than you had, and now you couldn't. 至少保证他们在人生中比你们自己爬得更高一些,但现在不行了。
You used to be made to feel dignity in your work, and now you didn't. 你们曾经能在工作中找到尊严,但现在不行了。
It used to be normal for people like you to own a home, and now it wasn't. 在过去,像你们这样的人们,有个家是十分正常的事情,但现在却不是这样。
I cannot say I didn't know these things, 我不能否认,我很早就知道这些事,
but I was distracted creating a future in which we could live on Mars, 但是我却被分了神,去为人类在火星上的未来生活而奋斗
even as you struggled down here on Earth. 就算你们依然在地球上艰苦的过着日子
even as many of you began to live shorter lives than your parents had. 就在你们中很多人的寿命已开始短于你们父母那代人了。
分享到: