TED演讲:献给所有迷失在这个时代的人(6)
时间:2018-10-08 08:27:58
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
I could fail to see change's consequences. 我可能忽视改变带来的后果,
I could overlook the importance of roots, traditions, rituals, stability -- and belonging. 我可能忽视那些根源,传统,仪式,稳定性--归属感的重要性。
And the more fundamentalist I became in my worship of change and openness, 当我越发变得崇拜改变和开放,
the more I drove you towards the other polarity, to cling, to freeze, to close, to belong. 我就越发把你们推往另一个极端,那些依恋派,保守派,与世隔绝的,或是归属思想。
I now see as I didn't before 我现在比以往看见更多,
that not having the right skin or right organ is not the only varietal of disadvantage. 没有优越的皮肤和器官,并不是百害而无一利。
There is a subtler, quieter disadvantage in having those privileged traits 对于拥有优势特质的那些皮肤器官,存在一个更加细微,潜在的危险。
and yet feeling history to be moving away from you; 当认为历史在离你而去,
that while the past was
hospitable1 to people like you, 对像你们这样的人有害的历史,
the future will be more hospitable to others; 也许对另一些人,未来则更加险恶;
that the world is growing less familiar, less yours day by day. 与你们记忆中的相比,世界一天天变得更加生疏。
I will not concede for a moment that old privileges should not
dwindle2. 我当然不会承认旧权不该被缩减。
They cannot dwindle fast enough. 它们缩减的速度还远远不够。
It is for you to learn to live in a new century in which 你们应该明白在新的历史时代里,
there are no bonuses for showing up with the right skin and right organs. 与生俱来的优势皮肤和器官不会带来什么奖励。
分享到: