TED演讲:为什么我们需要与陌生人交流(2)
时间:2018-10-09 01:03:11
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
For a minute, I felt like my existence as a person had been noticed, and I was worth saving. 有那么一会儿,我觉得我的存在被人注意到了,并且我是值得被拯救的。
The really sad thing is, in many parts of the world, 但让人遗憾的是,在世界的很多地方,
we're raised to believe that strangers are dangerous by
default1, 我们受到的教育让我们相信,陌生人都是危险的,
that we can't trust them, that they might hurt us. 我们不能相信他们,因为他们可能会伤害到我们。
But most strangers aren't dangerous. 但是大多数陌生人并不危险。
We're
uneasy2 around them because we have no
context3. 我们在他们身边会感到不安,是因为不了解他们的背景。
We don't know what their intentions are. 我们不知道他们的意图何在。
So instead of using our
perceptions4 and making choices, we rely on this category of "stranger." 所以我们依赖于“陌生人”这个范畴,而不是自己的觉察力和决策力。
I have a four-year-old. When I say hello to people on the street, she asks me why. 我有一个四岁的小孩。当我在路上与别人打招呼时,她问我为什么要这样做。
She says, "Do we know them?" I say, "No, they're our neighbor." 她问:“我们认识他们吗?”我说:“不,他们是邻居。”
"Are they our friend?" "No, it's just good to be friendly." 她问:“他们是我们的朋友吗?”我回答:“不,但是我们应该为人友善。”
I think twice every time I say that to her, 每当我对她这样说的时候,我都会反复思量,
because I mean it, but as a woman, particularly, 因为我真的是这样认为的,然而作为一名女性,
I know that not every stranger on the street has the best intentions. 我尤其知道并不是每一个陌生人都有好的企图。
It is good to be friendly, and it's good to learn when not to be, 对别人友善是好的,而学习判断何时不该这样也是对的,
but none of that means we have to be afraid. 但不管哪一种,都不意味着我们要对他们心怀恐惧。
There are two huge benefits to using our senses instead of our fears. 依靠感觉而不是恐惧,可以为我们带来两个巨大的好处。
分享到: