TED演讲:取消订阅邮件的苦恼(3)
时间:2018-10-11 08:23:43
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Like it needs help. And I said, "What's the plan, Dan? I'm thinking fireworks, bouncy castle ..." 好像他才需要帮助吧。我说:“你们有什么打算呢,Dan?我能想到的是开业的烟花,充气的城堡……”
"I'm not sure what you mean." “我没搞懂你的意思。”
I said, "I'm just
tremendously1 excited about the opening!" 我说:“我只是对你们开业相当激动!”
"Do you want to book the bouncy castle or shall I?" “你打算订充气城堡,还是我来订?”
He said, "I think you have misunderstood." 他说:“我觉得你可能误会了。”
"A new store is opening, but there is no celebration planned." “我们新店确实要开业了,但是并没有开业典礼计划。”
I said, "But what was all the 'Three weeks until,' 'Two weeks until' emails? I was getting excited." 我说:“但是你们每周都有发那些开业倒计时邮件啊?让我都白激动了啊。”
"I'm sorry you're disappointed." “我对你的失望感到十分歉意。”
I said, "Not to worry. Let's do something anyway! Besides, the
deposit2 on the bouncy castle was non-refundable." 我说:“没事。不管怎么样我们还是做点什么吧!再说充气城堡的订金已经不能退了。”
"If we don't use it, we're out a few hundred quid, Dan." “如果我们不用它,我们就浪费了几百块呢,Dan.”
He said, "Mr. Veitch, I'm not responsible for anything you have ordered." 他说:“Veitch先生,我对您所订购的东西没有任何责任。”
I said, "Let's not get into who did what. Bottom line: you and I are in this together." 我说:“我们先别说谁做了什么。无可否认,我们现在已经在一条船上了。
"Question: Will you be there to make sure people take their shoes off?" 请问:你愿意一直在旁边看着保证别人都把鞋子脱了吗?”
分享到: