TED演讲:慈悲心与感同身受的真正涵义(4)
时间:2018-10-15 02:08:46
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
But compassion1 has another component2, 但慈悲心有另一个组成部分,
and that component is really essential. 这个部分非常重要。
That component is that we cannot be attached to outcome. 这就是我们不应该耽于结果。
Now I worked with dying people for over 40 years. 如今,我已为临死的人们工作了40余年。
I had the privilege of working on death row for six years. 我曾有幸在最大限度安全保证下为死刑犯工作了六个年头。
And I realized so clearly in bringing my own life experience, 我清楚的认识到在我的个人生活经历中,
from working with dying people and training caregivers, 为临死之人工作以及培训护理者的个人生活中,
that any
attachment3 to outcome would distort deeply my own capacity to be
fully4 present to the whole
catastrophe5. 任何耽于结果的感情只会深深影响我自己的面对大苦难的能力。
And when I worked in the prison system, 在我为监狱系统工作时,
it was so clear to me, this: 我很清楚:
that many of us in this room, 这个屋子里很多人,
and almost all of the men that I worked with on death row, 还有几乎所有与我一起为死刑犯共事过的人,
the seeds of their own compassion had never been watered. 他们的慈悲之火种从未被扑灭。
That compassion is actually an inherent human quality. 这种慈悲是人类内在的特质。
It is there within every human being. 存在于每个人之中。
But the conditions for compassion to be
activated6, 但慈悲被触发,
to be aroused, 被鼓励的条件,
are particular conditions. 都是特殊情况。
I had that condition, to a certain extent, 某种程度上,我是,
from my own childhood illness. 深深受幼时疾患的影响。
Eve Ensler, whom you'll hear later, 伊娃?恩斯勒,一会儿她会演讲,
has had that condition activated amazingly in her through the various waters of suffering that she has been through. 她是受她经历过的汪洋般的苦难所激发的。
And what is fascinating is that compassion has enemies, 神奇的是慈悲是有敌人的,
and those enemies are things like pity, 那些敌人是怜悯,
moral outrage,fear. 道德公愤,恐惧。
分享到: