TED演讲:你在电影里听到的都是假的(1)
时间:2018-10-15 08:30:37
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
I want to start by doing an experiment. I'm going to play three videos of a rainy day. 我想用一个实验来开始我的演讲。我将给你们播放三段雨天的视频。
But I've replaced the audio of one of the videos, and instead of the sound of rain, I've added the sound of bacon frying. 不过我把其中一个视频里的音频换成了别的,它不再是下雨的声音,变成了煎培根的声音。
So I want you think carefully which one the clip with the bacon is. 我想让你们认真听,找出哪个视频里是煎培根声。
All right. Actually, I lied. They're all bacon. 好的。其实,我撒谎了。这些全都是煎培根的声音。
My point here isn't really to make you hungry every time you see a rainy scene, 我的目的并不是让你们每次看到下雨都觉得肚子饿,
but it's to show that our brains are conditioned to embrace the lies. We're not looking for accuracy. 而是想告诉你们我们的大脑习惯于接受这些假象。我们关注的并不是准确度。
So on the subject of
deception1, I wanted to quote one of my favorite authors. 在造假的这个主题里,我想引用我最喜欢的一位作家的话。
In "The Decay of Lying," Oscar Wilde establishes the idea that all bad art comes from copying nature and being realistic; 在“谎言的衰变”中,奥斯卡·王尔德有这样的结论,所有糟糕的艺术都源于刻板的复制自然和现实;
and all great art comes from lying and deceiving, and telling beautiful, untrue things. 那些伟大的艺术都是依靠造假和骗术,叙说着美丽的、不真实的东西。
So when you're watching a movie and a phone rings, it's not actually ringing. 所以,当你在观看电影时,电话铃响了,那不是真正的电话铃响。
It's been added later in postproduction in a studio. 都是在后期制作中加进去的。
All of the sounds you hear are fake. Everything, apart from the dialogue, is fake. 所有的声音都是假的。除了那些对话,所有的声音都是假的。
分享到: