TED演讲:为什么要跟别人一样?(5)
时间:2018-10-16 01:01:39
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Strangely, these revelations didn't cure my low self-esteem, that feeling of otherness. 奇怪的是,这些启示并没有治愈我那缺少的自尊,那种被划为另类的感觉。
My desire to disappear was still very powerful. 我渴望消失的想法依旧十分强烈。
I had a degree from Cambridge; I had a thriving career, 我有一个剑桥的学位,我的事业蒸蒸日上,
but my self was a car crash, and I wound up with bulimia and on a therapist's couch. 但我的自我却如同一场车祸,最终我患上贪食症并接受治疗。
And of course I did. I still believed my self was all I was. 我当然会这样。我依旧相信我的自我就是我的全部。
I still valued self-worth above all other worth, and what was there to suggest otherwise? 我依旧认为自我价值高于其余任何价值,不然还能怎样呢?
We've created entire value systems and a physical reality to support the worth of self. 我们创造了整个价值系统以及一个客观的现实,用以支持自我的价值。
Look at the industry for self-image and the jobs it creates, the revenue it turns over. 看看由个人形象带动的产业,还有它提供的工作以及它创造的价值。
We'd be right in assuming that the self is an actual living thing. But it's not. 我们可能会假设这个自我是真实存在的。但我们错了。
It's a
projection1 which our clever brains create in order to cheat ourselves from the reality of death. 这只是一个投影,是由我们聪明的大脑创造出来的,来欺骗我们自己无需面对死亡的现实。
But there is something that can give the self ultimate and infinite connection -- and that thing is oneness, our essence. 但总有一些事能赋予自我终极无尽的联系,那就是同一性,我们的本源。
The self's struggle for
authenticity2 and definition will never end unless it's connected to its creator -- to you and to me. 自我对于真实性和定义的挣扎永远不会停止,除非自我能够与创造者相连,与你,与我。
And that can happen with
awareness3 -- awareness of the reality of oneness and the projection of self-hood. 这和意识的觉醒一同存在,意识到同一性的现实以及自我的投影。
For a start, we can think about all the times when we do lose ourselves. 一开始,我们可以想想那些我们失去自我的时候。
It happens when I dance, when I'm
acting4. I'm earthed in my essence, and my self is suspended. 当我跳舞时,表演时,我根植于我的本源,我的自我被抑制了。
In those moments, I'm connected to everything -- the ground, the air, the sounds, the energy from the audience. 在那些时刻,我与万物相连,大地,空气,声音,观众的能量。
All my senses are alert and alive in much the same way as an infant might feel -- that feeling of oneness. 我的所有感官都是警觉和鲜活的,如同一个婴儿感受到的一般,那种同一性的感觉。
分享到: