TED演讲:你能解开桥之谜题吗(2)
时间:2018-10-24 00:53:46
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
At first it might seem like no matter what you do, 一开始,你可能会认为无论怎么试,
you're just a minute or two short of time, but there is a way. 始终会差个一、两分钟,但确实是有办法的。
The key is to
minimize1 the time wasted by the two slowest people by having them cross together. 关键就在于:让最慢的两人走在一起,来减少他们所需要花的时间。
And because you'll need to make a couple of return trips with the lantern, 而且,要有人提着油灯走回来这总共需要两趟,
you'll want to have the fastest people available to do so. 你需要让跑得最快的人来做这件事。
So, you and the lab assistant quickly run across with the lantern, 所以,你先和实验室助理提着油灯快速通过,
though you have to slow down a bit to match her pace. 然而你必須放慢一些來配合他的速度。
After two minutes, both of you are across, and you, as the quickest, run back with the lantern. 两分钟后,你们两人都通过吊桥,然后跑得最快的你,再迅速提着油灯返回。
Only three minutes have passed. So far, so good. Now comes the hard part. 这样只花了3分钟。到目前为止都非常的顺利。最难的部分來了。
The professor and the
janitor2 take the lantern and cross together. 教授和管理员提着油灯一起过桥。
This takes them ten minutes since the janitor has to slow down for the old professor 这花了他们10分钟,因为管理员必须为了老教授放慢脚步,
who keeps
muttering3 that he probably shouldn't have given the zombies night
vision4. 教授喃喃自语抱怨着:他当初不该让僵尸拥有夜视能力。
By the time they're across, there are only four minutes left, and you're still stuck on the wrong side of the bridge. 当他们跨越吊桥时,只剩下4分钟,而你仍困在对岸。
But remember, the lab assistant has been waiting on the other side, and she's the second fastest of the group. 但是记住,实验室助理已经在另一边待命,而她是队伍中跑第二快的人。
So she
grabs5 the lantern from the professor and runs back across to you. 所以她从教授手中拿起油灯,快速跑回去你那边。
Now with only two minutes left, the two of you make the final crossing. 现在只剩下2分钟,你们两位最后一次过桥。
As you step on the far side of the
gorge6, 当你踏上峡谷的另一侧,
you cut the ropes and
collapse7 the bridge behind you, just in the nick of time. 你剪断绳索,摧毁身后的吊桥,时间刚好赶上。
Maybe next summer, you'll just stick to the library. 或许,明年夏天你只会想泡在图书馆里哪儿都不去。
分享到: