TED演讲:每天一秒钟(2)
时间:2018-11-08 01:26:14
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
The purpose of this project is, one: I hate not remembering things that I've done in the past. 项目的目的是,第一:我不喜欢忘记自己过去做过的事情。
There's all these things that I've done with my life that I have no recollection of unless someone brings it up, 有很多我之前做过的事情,我都想不起来了,直到有人提起来的时候,
and sometimes I think, "Oh yeah, that's something that I did." 我或许才能想起来,“对哦,我还做过这件事情。”
And something that I realized early on in the project was that if I wasn't doing anything interesting, 在这个项目开始的早期阶段,我发现如果今天过的不是很有趣,
I would probably forget to record the video. 我可能会忘记录制视频。
So the day -- the first time that I forgot, it really hurt me, 所以有一天,当我第一次忘记录制视频的时候,我非常的难过,
because it's something that I really wanted to -- from the moment that I turned 30, 我真的不想漏掉自己的生活记录。从我三十岁那时起,
I wanted to keep this project going until
forever1, and having missed that one second, I realized, 我就希望能够将这个项目延续到我死掉,而漏录了那天的一秒钟,我意识到,
it just kind of created this thing in my head where I never forgot ever again. 某种意义上,这让我的脑子再也不会忘记这件事情了。
So if I live to see 80 years of age, I'm going to have a five-hour video that encapsulates 50 years of my life. 所以如果我能活到80岁,我的视频能够达到5个小时长度,浓缩了我50年的生活。
When I turn 40, I'll have a one-hour video that includes just my 30s. 当我到了40岁的时候,是1个小时,从我30岁开始算。
This has really invigorated me day-to-day, when I wake up, to try and do something interesting with my day. 这个项目让我每天醒来都生龙活虎,想着今天要做哪些有趣的事情才好。
Now, one of the things that I have
issues2 with is that, as the days and weeks and months go by, 现在,我要处理的问题之一就是,随着时间一天一天、一个月一个月的过去,
time just seems to start
blurring3 and
blending4 into each other and, you know, 日子似乎变得模糊起来,边界变得不那么明显,你们知道,
分享到: